Jan 27th 2010 12:10PMA friend of mine has been living in his house for over 17 months without paying a mortgage. The bank finally tried to foreclose and they somehow failed to do it properly - with the correct documentation, procedure, etc. My friend got an attorney involoved and now the bank has started all over with the foreclosure process, allowing him many more mortgage free months. By the time he is forced to move out, he will have avoided $50,000 in mortgage payments.
I have not paid a mortgage in about 5 months... my bank said it takes 6 months for a foreclosure to be completed, my assumption is that I have another 6 months at least in my home... but it all seems so crazy... neither of these stories are good ones, to me it is just confusing. I am on unemployment and my bank says they would re-write my mortgage for a lower price and stretch it out over 40 years, but I have to show a higher income to do this... and I am talented at the management work I do... but getting a job in this market has been impossible. I have not even gotten replies, other than no thank you, on any of my efforts to get employed again. I am just very frustrated and confused.
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!