Feb 25th 2012 9:43PMHas'nt anyone figured this out yet? This is all about bailing out states and companies that spend money like theres no tommorrow. We bail out the banks because the government makes them loan money for houses people can afford. The states spend too much money on public unions and budgets are out of wack and we have stimulus to keep public workers employed. The don't want to make the cuts so they make the banks pay for mortgage fraud, wink wink, and the states take the money to balance their budgets. The government is robbing us blind. They have almost spent the 2.4 trillion in debt ceiling borrowing that was approved in AUGUST. Are you kidding me? Wake up people. We are in TROUBLE
Feb 9th 2012 7:37PMThis is amazing. The government forced banks to lend money to people who could not afford to pay it back, forcing the inflation of housing prices due to demand. Some people were paying interest only loans and taking out the equity every year and making matters worse. The government then buys the notes(fannie mae and freedie mac) knowing this was going to end badly and then turn around and blame the banks. Who loses? The american taxpayer. All these refies will also be hit with a 1.5 percent charge to pay for the 2 percent payroll tax cut. Did anyone remember that? The banks will raise their fees to recoup this. We are getting screwed! Worse case of vote buying I have ever seen.
Dec 18th 2011 1:11PMwHAT HAPPENS TO THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED HARD, SAVED THE 20 PERCENT DOWN AND HAVE BEEN PAYING THEIR MORTGAGE FOR YEARS WITH NO PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY LIVE WITHIN THEIR MEANS. DO THEY CHOP 20 PERCENT OFF OUR MORTGAGES ALSO OR DO MY TAXES GO UP TO PAY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE IN OVER THEIR HEAD?
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!