Aug 10th 2011 1:38PMSo this travel writer wants people to give donations, like a charity, to pay her a salary to build herself a for-profit tourism website? Am I missing something here?
Jun 8th 2011 10:49AM"Seldom had I found such cheap accommodations in such comfortable surroundings."
$76 for a guest room with shared bath--I don't think that's budget. Well, maybe in Oslo or NYC it is, but not in most places.
You should try Casa Casa, a member-based hospitality exchange club. $15 a night, paid to the host upon arrival (it's called a "gratuity" and covers the host's costs). We don't have a ton of host locations yet, but the club is growing every day. If you truly enjoy the experience of staying with your host in a homestay type of situation, why not be a host yourself?
Apr 14th 2011 6:59PM"I just think I'm really all about hard work and I honestly feel like anyone can have or do what they want as long as they put their mind to it."
I'll tell that to my co-worker whose husband died, has three kids, doesn't have health insurance, can barely afford to feed her family and works two jobs. Sandra, I'll tell her, "you're just not WORKING HARD ENOUGH."
Popeater Hot Topics
- Water-Main Break Floods UCLA, At Least 5 People Rescued
- Katy Perry and Diplo Party Together in Las Vegas
- RHONYC Recap: The Juiciest Moments from Part One of the Reunion
- Miranda Lambert gives fans a peek inside her pinked-out tour bus
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li