Posts with tag "2012"
- Posted Nov 11th 2009 at 05:00 PM by Mike Ryan
Amanda Peet stars as Kate Curtis in Roland Emmerich's new apocalyptic thriller, '2012.' Kate, a single mother of two, must navigate her children through an obstacle course of the world imploding while also stroking the egos of both her ex-husband, Jackson (John Cusack), and current boyfriend, Gordon (Tom McCarthy), who are both along for the ride. Peet sat down with us in Midtown Manhattan to...
- Posted Nov 10th 2009 at 10:50 AM by Tricia Romano
We at PopEater love our scenes of mass destruction. So, it seems, do moviegoers and TV addicts. 'Lost' started out with a plane crash. 'V' unfurled with an alien invasion. And 'Flash Forward''s simultaneous blackouts caused ships to sink and planes to fall out of the sky. Coming out this week is the long-awaited film '2012,' which deals with -- what else -- the end of the world. Directed by...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 03:25 PM by Jenna Busch
PopEater hit the red carpet for the premiere of the upcoming disaster flick, '2012' last night in downtown Los Angeles. The film refers, of course, to the ancient Mayan calendar that ends on December 21st of that year. There are all sorts of theories about the prophecy, from mass destruction to a giant shift in global consciousness. Everyone has a different idea about what's going to happen...or...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 11:55 AM by PopEater Staff
Roland Emmerich has demolished nearly every beloved monument in the world in his disaster movie career - from Big Ben in 'Independence Day' to the Statue of Liberty in 'The Day After Tomorrow' - but you won't see the German filmmaker take down Islam's holiest site in his new end-of-days flick '2012.' Emmerich had planned to show the destruction of the Kaaba, the structure in Mecca toward which...
- Posted Nov 4th 2009 at 03:44 PM by Jenna Busch
PopEater was able to catch John Cusack as he walked the red carpet at the '2012' premiere last night in downtown Los Angeles. Cusack plays Jackson Curtis, a novelist/limo driver who must save his family from the end of the world. He told us whether or not he believes in the 2012 prophecy, whether or not he got injured during filming and how he's taking a hint from the "green set" and reducing his...
- Posted Nov 4th 2009 at 02:49 PM by Jenna Busch
Last night PopEater got a chance to hit the red carpet for the premiere of the new Roland Emmerich disaster film, '2012'. If you're not familiar with the significance of that year, you will be soon. According to the Mayan calendar, the world will end on December 21st, 2012 and if this film is to be believed, we're going out with a bang. We caught up with Chin Han, who plays Tenzin in the film....
- Posted Oct 23rd 2009 at 06:37 PM by PopEater Staff
It's seemed like a long wait for Adam Lambert enthusiasts, but the popular 'American Idol' runner-up returns with a powerhouse new single and video, 'Time For Miracles.' The video, from Columbia Pictures' end-of-days action film '2012,' is a treat two times over - fans can catch a glimpse of the glam rocker singing his heart out, and check out images from the upcoming movie (in theaters Nov. 13)....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Inside Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo's 'Funny and Sentimental' Wedding Ceremony
- Slender Man Stabbing Survivor Receives Purple Heart Medal from Anonymous Donor
- RHONYC's Aviva Drescher: I Don't Regret Throwing My Prosthetic Leg Across the Room
- Snoop Dogg: I smoked weed 'in the bathroom' at the White House
- 'Cheers' star Rhea Perlman will play Danny's mom on 'The Mindy Project'
- 'Downton Abbey' cast give some hints on Season 5
- Batman at 75: DC Comics co-publisher discusses the Dark Knight's future
- You can't donate to Jon Stewart's CNN Kickstarter, but you can laugh at it