Posts with tag "Akon"
- Posted Feb 10th 2011 at 11:59 PM by Keith Murphy
Update: Hear Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' It is once again shaping up to be the Year of Gaga. With her new single, 'Born This Way,' set to premiere Friday and a much-anticipated Grammy performance on tap for this Sunday, headline-grabbing pop rebel Lady Gaga is poised to re-claim her status as music's It girl. Gaga's longtime producer and collaborator Akon tells PopEater the multi-platinu...
- Posted Nov 12th 2010 at 12:01 PM by Sarah Crow
Over a year after his untimely passing, Michael Jackson is still cranking out singles. The King of Pop's latest posthumous venture is a collaboration with Akon entitled 'Hold My Hand,' Reuters reports. An unfinished copy of the 2007 song was leaked on the internet in 2008, but fans will be able to purchase the finished work as it was meant to be heard starting Monday. "The world was not ready t...
- Posted Nov 9th 2010 at 06:16 PM by Sarah Crow
- Filed under:
- Music News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Chris Brown -
- Paris Hilton -
- Lil Wayne
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas -- unless you're Lil Wayne, that is. The rapper, who was recently released after an 8-month stint in Rikers Island, found out that he was banned from the Wynn Hotel -- the destination for a post-performance party -- because the hotel didn't want Wayne to get in trouble on the premises. TMZ reports that after a set with Weezy at the Hard Rock Hotel, fellow...
- Posted Feb 17th 2010 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Akon owns a South African diamond mine, but it was Lady Gaga who cemented his fortune, The Huffington Post reports. "She's pretty much retired me," the singer said of Gaga, who is signed to his KonLive imprint at Interscope Records. "She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show you, if you believe in something strong enough, it ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 08:41 AM by PopEater Staff
In yet another "isn't she too young for that" moment in the Cyrus camp, the littlest gal in the superstar family, Noah Cyrus, is the center of attention now that a video of the nine-year-old suggestively singing and dancing to Akon's sexual 'Smack That' -- as sister Miley and a circle of others watch and cheer her on -- has hit the Internet. ...
- Posted Oct 13th 2009 at 04:45 PM by Bryan Alexander
- Filed under:
- Music News
Wyclef Jean drove concertgoers at MTV Africa Music Awards insane when he stripped down to his underwear challenge fellow underwear-attired rapper Akon to a push-up contest on stage. But crazed fans did not know that Wyclef spent much of his free-time seemingly prepping for the event, a favorite pastime for the singer/activist/friend of Brangelina. Jean stayed with the rest of the MTV show pa...
- Posted Sep 23rd 2009 at 11:30 PM by PopEater Staff
I'm gonna "re-rock" with you. 'This Is It,' an unheard new single by Michael Jackson, will be released on October 12th according to BBC News. Sony Music said that the song, featuring backing vocals by the surviving Jackson brothers, will be the closing number on the first of a two-disk album. The second disk will include unheard versions of classic Jackson hits....
- Posted Sep 14th 2009 at 02:46 PM by PopEater Staff
Looks like Rihanna might be tearing into Chris Brown on her new record. Rapper Ne-Yo revealed to E! News that he's been in the studio writing with the 'Umbrella' singer, and it's certainly not full of sweet ballads. "Expect an edgier, almost angrier Rihanna on this one" Ne-Yo said. He also reveals that Rihanna "says some things on this album that you've never heard her say before."...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Endangered White Rhino Dies, Leaving Only Four Others Left Alive
- Two Die in Fiery Crash of Passenger Plane at Milwaukee Airport
- Tom Brady Sues The NFL in Federal Court Over 'Deflategate' Suspension
- Amnesty International's legalized prostitution push turning off celeb supporters
- 'Law & Order' director Alexander arrested on child pornography charges
- Hulk Hogan wants investigation to determine if Gawker leaked his racist rant