Posts with tag "AmericanIdol"
- Posted Sep 19th 2010 at 09:43 AM by Christine Fenno
The ink isn't even dry on Jennifer Lopez's new $12 million contract to join 'American Idol' and her first husband, former waiter Ojani Noa, already has plans to crash the party -- this week, in fact. Noa's manager, Ed Meyer, told E! that the aspiring singer "will be in line at the Forum [in Los Angeles] on Sept. 22 to try out for 'American Idol' in front of his ex-wife, Jennifer Lopez." ...
- Posted Apr 12th 2010 at 05:00 PM by David Chiu
Attention 'American Idol' contestants: Rob Thomas could be your musical guru. The Matchbox Twenty singer and hit songwriter told an audience at a TimesTalks event at New York City's TimesCenter that he would be interested in mentoring on 'American Idol' if asked. "I had a time when I loved [the show]," he said "and then there was a time when I thought it was killing the music business. Now I...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 10:06 AM by PopEater Staff
The sweet sound of wedding bells is going to be ringing for music mogul and 'American Idol' meanie Simon Cowell, as he and girlfriend Mezhgan Hussainy are engaged. The word comes straight from the mouth of Hussainy, who told RadarOnline.com's David Perel about the engagement exclusively. The 36-year-old Hussainy and Cowell, 50, have dodged engagement rumors for weeks. Congrats, you crazy kids!...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 12:00 PM by Joshua Ostroff
'American Idol' has been accused of both saving and destroying the music industry ever since it took over pop culture. Now, as a fresh influx of amateur singers attempt to become the next, well, Adam Lambert, last year's surprise non-winner steps up to defend the show that made him a phenomenon. Below, Lambert's thoughts on 'Idol,' pop stars and whether or not he's paid his dues (hint: He has): ...
- Posted Feb 10th 2010 at 09:53 AM by Amber James
Ellen DeGeneres finally made her 'American Idol' debut on Tuesday night, sitting along side Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi at the judges' table. It was Hollywood week on 'Idol,' and DeGeneres proved from the get go that she was there to work and not overshadow the contestants. DeGeneres seems to be fitting in nicely, and she's been getting nothing but raves from critics. See what...
- Posted Feb 9th 2010 at 09:37 PM by PopEater Staff
Andrew Garcia, a father hoping to make a better life for his child, took the stage on the first night of the infamous Hollywood Week on 'American Idol' and sang a rendition of 'Straight Up.' It was a risky choice, considering Paula Abdul, who made the tune famous, had left the show. But Garcia, with guitar in hand, nailed his toned-down version. "That was genius," Kara DioGuardi told Garcia....
- Posted Feb 9th 2010 at 06:12 AM by PopEater Staff
After months of speculation, Ellen DeGeneres will finally have the chance to prove herself worthy of the seat between 'American Idol' judges Kara, Randy and Simon. Tuesday night marks her much anticipated 'Idol' debut, replacing former judge Paula Abdul. The addition of DeGeneres to the gang is expected to boost viewership, which has been down compared to previous seasons, Reuters reports. Fox...
- Posted Feb 8th 2010 at 08:22 PM by Sam Brand
The Howard Stern 'American Idol' rumors are no longer just rumors. On Monday, the shock jock addressed the situation on his radio show, saying he'd accept a seat in the judges' booth for the right price. "They'd have to pay me a ton of dough because I already make a ton of dough," Stern said on Monday. That wasn't all he said, though it was probably the least offensive thing that came out of his...
- Posted Feb 6th 2010 at 12:13 AM by Sam Brand
The self-described 'King of all Media' took to the airwaves earlier this week to announce that he had been offered a high-profile job in network TV. On Friday, the New York Post reported the job is none other than Simon Cowell's soon vacant seat on 'American Idol.' Nobody at Fox has yet confirmed the report. Is the rumor full of hot air, or might we really see the sharp-tongued shock jock...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 11:55 PM by Sam Brand
'American Idol's' inaugural winner refuses to forget where she came from, and she's not afraid to blog about it. On Thursday, Kelly Clarkson took to her keyboard to punch out a fiery rebuttal against Scott Borchetta, head of Taylor Swift's label, who slammed 'Idol' earlier this week while defending his star pupil's sub-par performance at the Grammys. "We not only hit the high notes," Clarkson...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Band of Brothers Veteran William Guarnere Dies at 90
- Airplane! Stars Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Robert Hays Reunite in Tourism Ad
- Kellie Pickler Performs at Nashville Ballet Ball
- Justin Bieber struggles with vocabulary, curses at court reporter during deposition
- '19 Kids and Counting' stars: We won't kiss until marriage
- ?True Detective' finale crashes HBO GO
- ?True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying surprise of a happy ending
- ?Resurrection' series premiere react: In it for the long haul?
- ?True Detective' season finale: What happened? ? SPOILERS
- Save One Show 2014: We're Down to the Final 2—Vote For the Winner Now
- Can Teresa Giudice Still Film Real Housewives of New Jersey If She Gets House Arrest Instead of Jail?
- Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Glee, Pretty Little Liars, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife and More!