Posts with tag "Aretha Franklin"
- Posted Apr 29th 2011 at 04:15 AM by Christo Varghese
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Good News -
- Celebrity Health and Beauty -
- Radar Online -
- Huffington Post - Entertainment
Aretha Franklin showed off her much slimmer figure on 'The View' after the she lost 85 pounds due to her hospitalization and subsequent surgery last year. RadarOnline.com reporting that a much thinner Franklin appeared on 'The View' to promote her new album and while she would not talk about the reason she was hospitalized or what surgery she underwent five months earlier, the Queen of Soul...
- Posted Mar 11th 2011 at 10:40 AM by Sarah Crow
Aretha Franklin has shed a shocking amount of weight in recent months, but the singer isn't about to share her slenderizing secrets just yet. At age 68, Franklin has lost a whopping 85 pounds, but tells Access Hollywood that her newly slim figure was not the result of weight-loss surgery. When asked point-blank whether or not she had undergone a gastric bypass, Franklin responded,...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 09:08 PM by Zach Dionne
After a powerful Aretha Franklin tribute opened the 53rd Grammy Awards on Sunday night, the Queen of Soul herself appeared in a taped video segment, thanking the divas who paid tribute to her and the fans supporting her through recent health troubles. It was Franklin's first televised appearance since surgery for an undisclosed malady, rumored in December as pancreatic cancer. "I wish that I...
- Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 09:03 AM by Christine Fenno
Before Sunday night's Grammy Awards, five of this generation's most revered singers gathered at Los Angeles' Staples Center to fine-tune their highly anticipated salute to the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Of course, after the Super Bowl national anthem debacle, all eyes and ears will be on Christina Aguilera at the Grammys, where she'll reportedly sing Franklin's "Ain't No Way." Aguilera,...
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 06:27 AM by PopEater Staff
Ailing soul legend Aretha Franklin wants her fans to know she is "feeling great and coming along," but sees no need to address reports that she has been stricken with pancreatic cancer. "I am not going to even deal with that," she tells JET magazine in her first interview since falling ill. "I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors. The problem has been resolved."...
- Posted Dec 15th 2010 at 08:25 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After a "highly successful" surgery on December 2 for an undisclosed ailment, Aretha Frankling is back home and resting comfortably, according to PEOPLE. It was reported the Queen of Soul is fighting pancreatic cancer though her rep hasn't confirmed it. Franklin was released from a hospital in Detroit earlier this week according to a statement from the singer and her rep. "I've been at home...
- Posted Dec 8th 2010 at 02:40 PM by Zach Dionne
Aretha Franklin is battling cancer, a family friend has announced to FOX 2 News in Detroit. According to the report, family and friends close to the Queen of Soul are "very concerned," but say she is doing "okay." Family expressed hopes to FOX that fans of Aretha, 68, will send prayers and good thoughts. In a post at PopCrunch, a National Enquirer story (not available online) is cited saying...
- Posted Dec 2nd 2010 at 06:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
The Queen of Soul released a statement Thursday saying her surgery was "highly successful" and thanking her fans for their well wishes, the Associated Press reports. It was not revealed why the singer needed surgery in the statement. "God is still in control. I had superb doctors and nurses whom were blessed by all the prayers of the city and the country," the statement continued. News of...
- Posted Nov 5th 2010 at 06:11 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Aretha Franklin is canceling all concert dates and personal appearances through May on the order of her doctors, the singer's spokeswoman said Thursday. The news comes two days after the announcement that Franklin was released from a Detroit hospital over the weekend following a brief stay. Franklin is "resting comfortably at home, but is anxious to get back on the road to perform for her...
- Posted Sep 21st 2010 at 08:00 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Eddie Franklin, the son of music legend Aretha Franklin, is undergoing surgery after being severely beaten Monday night at a gas station in Detroit, a spokeswoman for the Queen of Soul told the AP. The statement says three people may have been involved in the beating but didn't have any additional information beyond the statement. According to ABC 7 in Detroit, a witness says three suspects,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Brown Pleads Guilty to Assault, Tells the Court 'I'm Sorry'
- Justin Bieber Arrested After ATV Accident
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support, Daughter Melissa Says
- Joan Rivers on life support, family confirms
- Charlize Theron: My body's not perfect
- Jason Aldean announces new album 'Old Boots, New Dirt' with track listing
- Woman Gets Metal Pole Impaled Through Her Butt During Texting and Driving Accident
- Khloé Kardashian and Scott Disick Join Cast of Royal Pains for Season Finale—See the Exclusive Pic!
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support, Says Daughter Melissa: "We Are Extremely Grateful for All the Love"