Posts with tag "BAFTA"
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 03:55 AM by Christo Varghese
Colin Firth reportedly got so drunk after his BAFTA win on Sunday night that he allegedly left the award at a bar. Firth received the leading actor award for his role in 'The King's Speech,' at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards. The Daily Star reports that the 50-year-old actor drank so much champagne at a post-BAFTA bash that he left his trophy at the bar and went home. ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 06:00 PM by Moviefone Editors
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTAs) are announcing their annual prize-winners at this very moment. Oddly, the presentation is on a tape-delay (even in the UK!) so you'll have to rely on us for the facts. Well, us and several great Brits on twitter. Thanks also to our pals at HitFix and IndieWire for being on the BAFTA ball! A full list of all the winners resides beneath the...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 06:40 AM by Moviefone Editors
Now that we're done with the Golden Globes, we can look ahead to some awards that actually matter. Yes, of course there are politics and dirty tricks in any "awards race," but at least one can say that the Oscars, at their essence, are filmmakers voting on their favorite work from their own colleagues. That's also how the Orange British Academy Film Awards work. And since the British (usually) ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Whole Foods Removes 'Asparagus Water' From Store After Internet Uproar
- FROM EW: See How Much the Grand Duchess Knows About King Simon's Mysterious Fate in a Royals First Look
- My Giant Life Sneak Peek: See What It's Like to Shop for a Wedding Dress When You're 6'7"
- Zooey Deschanel announces marriage and birth of baby daughter
- 'Last Man Standing' star Tim Allen: 'We're going to drill Hillary'
- Brad Paisley to join 'The Voice' as adviser with Blake Shelton