Posts with tag "Barbra Streisand"
- Posted May 21st 2011 at 02:41 PM by Christine Fenno
Beyonce, prepare to be bowled over. A highlight at this weekend's Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas will undoubtedly be the tribute to honor the pop star with the Millennium Award. And the stage will be overflowing with famous friends saluting her talent. Access Hollywood is reporting that none other than First Lady Michelle Obama will step into the spotlight take part in the tribute. Beyonce...
- Posted Mar 14th 2011 at 05:30 PM by Rob Shuter
You would think that anyone brave enough to want to make a movie musical would kill to have legendary actress and singer Barbra Streisand associated with it! Well not 'Gypsy' playwright Arthur Laurents, who along with co-creator Stephen Sondheim have scrapped the entire project, leaving Babs heartbroken. Laurents holds the rights to the 1959 Broadway musical and agreed that Barbra could play th...
- Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 03:45 PM by Steve Baltin
- Filed under:
- Music News
If you're gonna throw a party for Barbra Streisand it better be big. Everything about Streisand, from her iconic voice to her outspokeness over the years, has a grandness to it and last night's 21st annual MusiCares Dinner, where Streisand was honored as part of Grammy Week as the organization's person of the year, was Babs-fitting. From a video tribute by her friend former President Bill C...
- Posted Oct 29th 2010 at 06:15 PM by Steve Baltin
When Barbra Streisand is honored by MusiCares on Feb. 11 as their Person of the Year in Los Angeles, she'll give the select guests a rare treat: a live performance. The legendary singer's concerts are famously infrequent events, with her last full tour coming in 2006-'07 and last concert and her most recent show at New York's Village Vanguard in 2009 -- performances from which you can see at A...
- Posted Aug 7th 2010 at 09:37 PM by The Editors of StyleList
Barbra Streisand has taken to the Web to let Jennifer Aniston know she's not the only one capable of being a funny girl. The diva, who is known for carefully guarding her image, posted on her official Website to praise "The Switch" star for channeling her in a Mark Seliger photo shoot for the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar. "I was very flattered that Jennifer Aniston chose to interpret ...
- Posted Aug 4th 2010 at 02:14 PM by PopEater Staff
Jennifer Aniston poses as Barbra Streisand from 'Funny Girl' in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar. Aniston, who stars in the upcoming comedy 'The Switch,' talks about idolizing Streisand and meeting the legendary singer. "I've loved her since I was a kid, and all of a sudden there she is, and she's just like someone you've always known," the former 'Friends' star says. "You know when yo...
- Posted Jul 17th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Bryan Alexander
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Sometimes it's not easy to be uber-good looking while putting off that aura of power. James Brolin is sick and tired of playing countless politicians and confident millionaires onscreen. He's planning to loosen up in a big way. "It's either the rich guy or the politician, I hate playing those roles," Brolin tells PopEater. "In the future, I'm going to turn down anything that I don't feel I'm...
- Posted Feb 9th 2010 at 07:53 AM by Rob Shuter
Barbra Streisand obviously doesn't need much money thanks to her ridiculously successful career, but to hear that she turned down a $100 million Las Vegas contract ... that takes some chutzpah! The songstress was apparently offered a Celine-like gig for three years on the Strip, but ditched it to do what she does best -- a normal tour. You go, Babs! Details on Barbra, plus scoop on who will replac...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 06:32 AM by PopEater Staff
It was the fall finale of 'Glee' last night, and the club went to sectionals. We won't spoil what happened, but star Lea Michele gave a rousing rendition of 'Don't Rain on My Parade,' the song made famous by Barbra Streisand in 'Funny Girl.' We think Michele knocked it out of the park, but we're not sure how it compares to the original Streisand version. Listen to both songs and tell us what...
- Posted Nov 30th 2009 at 09:21 AM by Nicki Gostin
'Glee' star Lea Michele sang in an intimate cabaret show that supported Cyndi Lauper's organization, 'True Colors' and 'Broadway Impacts,' a group that pushes for gay marriage. The impossibly adorable and sincere singer spoke with PopEater about the event and what's next for her 'Glee' character....
Popeater Hot Topics
- New York State Woman Arrested for Allegedly Killing Her Newborn Daughter and Living with Her Corpse for Months
- 'I'm a Flawed, Flawed Man:' Former Music Teacher Sentenced to 40 Years for Sexually Abusing More Than a Dozen Girls Speaks Out in Court
- David Beckham Reveals Sweet Tattoo Dedicated to His Oldest Son Brooklyn
- Danica McKellar joins 2016 Miss America competition as judge
- Hulk Hogan: I'm not a racist
- Chrissie Hynde slammed for saying some rape victims 'have to take responsibility'
- Princess Diana Died 18 Years Ago Today: Take a Look Back at Her Life
- All of the Best, Sexiest Looks from the 2015 MTV VMAs After-Parties—See Kylie Jenner, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande & More!
- A Michigan Man Will Give Up His Kanye West Yeezy Boost Sneakers to Get a Working Kidney