Posts with tag "BarbraStreisand"
- Posted Oct 29th 2010 at 06:15 PM by Steve Baltin
When Barbra Streisand is honored by MusiCares on Feb. 11 as their Person of the Year in Los Angeles, she'll give the select guests a rare treat: a live performance. The legendary singer's concerts are famously infrequent events, with her last full tour coming in 2006-'07 and last concert and her most recent show at New York's Village Vanguard in 2009 -- performances from which you can see at...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 06:32 AM by PopEater Staff
It was the fall finale of 'Glee' last night, and the club went to sectionals. We won't spoil what happened, but star Lea Michele gave a rousing rendition of 'Don't Rain on My Parade,' the song made famous by Barbra Streisand in 'Funny Girl.' We think Michele knocked it out of the park, but we're not sure how it compares to the original Streisand version. Listen to both songs and tell us what...
- Posted Nov 30th 2009 at 09:21 AM by Nicki Gostin
'Glee' star Lea Michele sang in an intimate cabaret show that supported Cyndi Lauper's organization, 'True Colors' and 'Broadway Impacts,' a group that pushes for gay marriage. The impossibly adorable and sincere singer spoke with PopEater about the event and what's next for her 'Glee' character....
- Posted Oct 8th 2009 at 07:46 AM by PopEater Staff
Barbra Streisand out-diva'd Mariah Carey to score her ninth No. 1 album on the Billboard album chart. The 67-year-old legend moved 180,000 copies of 'Love Is the Answer' last week, easily besting Carey's latest by about 12,000 copies. At 67, she is the second oldest living artist to top the charts, after Bob Dylan. ...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 10:28 AM by Ashley Iasimone
On Sept. 26, Barbra Streisand went back to where it all began for her. The singer put on an intimate performance at New York City's legendary Village Vanguard, where she last performed in 1961 as an opener for Miles Davis. Backed by a quartet, Streisand celebrated the release of her new album of jazz classics, 'Love Is the Answer,' for 100 lucky fans, and some special guests: Bill, Hillary and...
- Posted Aug 21st 2009 at 10:07 AM by PopEater Staff
Barbra Streisand's ex-boyfriend is hoping to make a quick million off the singer by auctioning off tapes of her earliest performances, NY Post reports. With bids starting at $1 million, Barry Dennen is taking a risky move admitting, "I'm a little trepidatious. I don't know what the fallout will be. I don't like upsetting Barbra, and I don't want her fans angry at me."...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diem Brown Diagnosed with Colon Cancer
- JWoww Says No to Facial Plastic Surgery, Yes to Botox
- Inside Jill Dillard's Pregnancy News
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!