Posts with tag "Bill Murray"
- Posted Apr 1st 2011 at 10:00 PM by Moviefone Editors
Who ya gonna call? The answer is "all of your friends," because the Ghostbusters are putting the proton packs back on for a new case. In an exclusive interview with franchise director Ivan Reitman, sources say that Bill Murray has finally agreed to reprise the character of Dr. Peter Venkman and team up with Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis for not just one, but two 'Ghostbusters' adve...
- Posted Mar 30th 2011 at 04:38 PM by Moviefone Editors
It's been a long while since Bill Murray has taken on a serious role. Even in his more dramatic recent fare like 'The Limits of Control' or 'Passion Play,' his characters have offered a slice of charismatic levity in an otherwise more serious environment. But now, as 'Ghostbusters' fans eagerly await his thoughts on the planned third installment, Murray is turning his attention to something a l...
- Posted Mar 27th 2011 at 01:22 PM by Christine Fenno
It was a night off this weekend for 'Saturday Night Live,' as nearly all the funniest folks in show business, 'SNL'-related and otherwise, were trading jokes and picking up prizes at the inaugural Comedy Awards. Producing network Comedy Central expects the awards to be an annual event. The ceremony this weekend was taped for broadcast April 10. No joke: A wealth of comedy stars crowded the red ...
- Posted Jul 22nd 2010 at 08:00 AM by AOL TV Editors
With New York City in the midst of a stubborn heat wave, Bill Murray showed David Letterman how to keep cool, with a new form of (literal) dumpster diving. Outside the studio of Dave's 'Late Show,' the funnyman hovered over a dumpster, saying, "You're the first guy in New York that [Mayor] Bloomberg gave it to, and you deserved it, baby. It should be here on your street!" The camera panned d...
- Posted Jul 21st 2010 at 12:44 PM by Zach Dionne
By GQ's math, Bill Murray has agreed to "exactly four prolonged media encounters in the past ten years -- and when he does, it's never clear what you're going to get." Fortunately for us all, the funnyman with more cred than almost anyone to ever earn a laugh agreed to one more long sit-down, for GQ's annual comedy issue. "Sitting across from Bill Murray was basically the most terrifying, wo...
- Posted Jun 28th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Ben Trivett
The Crossroads Guitar Show took Chicago by storm this weekend -- and by storm, we mean that Bill Murray is hilarious. Yes, the actor turned on his legendary charm for a great cause, joining Eric Clapton to raise funds for The Crossroads Centre, an Antigua-based drug treatment facility founded by Clapton. The all-star lineup included Clapton, John Mayer, ZZ Top, Jeff Beck, BB King and many others...
- Posted Oct 23rd 2009 at 12:40 PM by Dino Sossi
Fame can be a b---h. One moment, as John Lennon once said, you're "more popular than Jesus." The next, no one is returning your calls. The transition from obscurity to popularity to invisibility can happen faster than a New York minute. And one place where that phenomenon has happened more often than most is at 'Saturday Night Live.' Some people quickly become big stars and then fizzle after they ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Despite Marriage Counselor Visit, There Is 'No Reconciliation' for Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner - But 'They Care About Each Other,' Sources Say
- It's Another Royal Baby! Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden Is Pregnant with Her Second Child
- Jana Duggar Gives Baby Israel Piano Lessons Amid Brother Josh's Cheating Scandal
- 'We haven't found it yet': 'Airplane Repo' star's escaped King Cobra at large
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Johnny Depp shines in gritty gangster tale 'Black Mass'
- Caitlyn Jenner and Ellen DeGeneres Fulfill Blossom Brown's Dream of Going to Nursing School With Huge Check: Watch the Emotional Clip!
- Angelina Jolie Shows Off Her Sinister Side in Acting Class at Age 25: Watch the Flashback Clip
- Mindy Kaling Fights Body Shaming, Reveals the "Intoxicating Feeling" She Gets From B.J. Novak