Posts with tag "Black Eyed Peas"
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 09:00 AM by Jo Piazza
It doesn't take much to anger a typical New Yorker, so imagine just how pissed the crowd of thousands were after waiting in sweltering heat for six hours -- then two more in the rain -- and then being told that the Black Eyed Peas concert in Central Park simply was not happening. "What, Will.I.Am can't play in the rain? Is Fergie's hair gonna get wet," said Queens resident Brian Moriarty, 26,...
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 12:15 AM by The Boot Editors
Taylor Swift headed to New York City last night (June 9) to perform as part of an all-star special hosted by the Black Eyed Peas to raise money for a worthwhile cause. The Black Eyed Peas Concert 4 NYC will feature the country superstar along with Natasha Bedingfield, MC Hammer, LL Cool J, Carole King and Debbie Harry, in a special show in Central Park, with all of the proceeds benefiting the R...
- Posted Apr 20th 2011 at 09:00 AM by John Mitchell
The Black Eyed Peas will open a music academy in New York City this summer, the Associated Press reports. The school, for students ages 13 to 19, will teach video and music production using professional-quality equipment. Students will be admitted based on recommendations from teachers and their interest in camera work, editing and graphic design. Peapod Adobe Youth Voices Music and Multimed...
- Posted Feb 9th 2011 at 09:04 PM by Nicki Gostin
EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his halftime performance at the Super Bowl, Black Eyed Peas member Taboo spoke to PopEater about the controversial show and also about his memoir called 'Fallin' Up,' which details his beginnings in east LA and his rise to superstardom. Amazingly, Taboo's troubles really began as the band became an international success. You guessed it, the usual 'Behind the Music' stuff, lo...
- Posted Feb 6th 2011 at 08:18 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
The Black Eyed Peas had the privilege of being the first pop act since Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's 2004's Nipplegate to grace the Super Bowl halftime spot. But they also had the disadvantage of being the first act not playing their own instruments and as a result, often came off muted following memories of Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, The Who and Prince. But fans on Twitter and Face...
- Posted Jan 17th 2011 at 11:35 PM by Boombox Editors
He's rocked stages across the globe and built a successful career as one-fourth of the hit group Black Eyed Peas (BEP), but apl.de.ap did it all without being able to fully see. The 36-year-old rapper, born Allan Pineda Lindo, Jr., recently revealed to People Magazine that he is legally blind and was diagnosed with the rare disease nystagmus, a challenging obstacle which he claims to have overc...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2010 at 10:15 AM by Jett Wells
Less than two years ago, Susan Boyle was just a small-town girl from Scotland without a recording contract or a personal stylist or any of the other luxuries of fame. Now she's riding high with a new album, and not even the latest record from the normally-dominant Black Eyed Peas can keep her from retaking the top spot on the Billboard 200 album chart. Neither BEP's 'The Beginning' nor 'Glee: T...
- Posted Nov 28th 2010 at 06:26 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Hungry for a big Bowl of Peas? With a new album dropping in a few days, and a recent win for Best Pop Group at the American Music Awards, the Black Eyed Peas have been having the time of their life this month. Next year is looking brighter than ever, too. Super Bowl XLV officials have confirmed that the 2011 half-time show airing live on Fox will star the 'Boom Boom Pow' singers, no strangers t...
- Posted Nov 19th 2010 at 01:35 PM by Sarah Crow
The hosts of the 'Today' show seem to have a great time at work, from their outrageous on-air Halloween parties to Kathie Lee and Hoda's often-lampooned morning drinks. Although they're up at the crack of dawn to report on everything from the weather to internet memes, the group always brings a certain enthusiasm to their work that tells the world they're having a good time. The fun doesn't end wi...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 03:37 PM by Zach Dionne
The Black Eyed Peas have taken their sampling game to the next level. Fergie, will.i.am and co. fused the hook of 'Dirty Dancing' theme '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' with their next single, 'The Time (The Dirty Bit).' The hip-hop group previously sampled Dick Dale's 'Misirlou,' AKA the 'Pulp Fiction' theme, for their 2006 hit 'Pump It.' Will.i.am announced the single on his blog, adding, "...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross hit studio together
- ?Last Man On Earth' has strong premiere
- The Bachelor Women Told All Tonight, and We Fell In Love In A Way We Never Expected
- Amber Portwood Is Engaged to Boyfriend Matt Baier: ''I Never Thought I Could Find Another Man That Could Make Me Feel Love Again''
- Kelly Clarkson Doesn't Worry If Daughter River Rose Is a Lesbian: "As Long As She's Happy, I Don't Care"