Posts with tag "Bono"
- Posted May 21st 2011 at 02:41 PM by Christine Fenno
Beyonce, prepare to be bowled over. A highlight at this weekend's Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas will undoubtedly be the tribute to honor the pop star with the Millennium Award. And the stage will be overflowing with famous friends saluting her talent. Access Hollywood is reporting that none other than First Lady Michelle Obama will step into the spotlight take part in the tribute. Beyonce...
- Posted May 20th 2011 at 01:28 PM by AOL TV Editors
This morning on 'Good Morning America' (weekdays, 7AM on ABC), U2's Bono and the Edge were presented with a rather scathing review of their mega-musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' from the New York Times. The review, which said that "it may rank amongst the worst musicals ever made," had to sting a little, considering Bono and the Edge wrote the music for the show. But in a surprising twist, ...
- Posted Apr 3rd 2011 at 11:36 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Sir Elton John was joined by Tom Hanks (playing Michael Caine) for a goofy 'Saturday Night Live' sketch called 'Knights of the Realm,' featuring a short list of British celebs who have been knighted. The conclave gathers to brainstorm a solution to the U.K.'s newest, greatest threat: a dragon attack. Andy Samberg, as Bono, donned giant shades and waxed on about artistry, until he was rudely cut...
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 03:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Julie Taymor's $65 million Broadway mega-production 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has hit (a lot of) snags. And now, producers are telling the crew that she has "stepped down" even though she's still in negotiations about her contractual terms. "Taymor is out. She's left the building," the source told The Daily News. The show's opening night, March 15, is reportedly being delayed -- for the f...
- Posted Jan 5th 2011 at 10:59 AM by Jett Wells
Bono the fixer? With numerous accidents and technical issues marring the preview run of the 'Spider-Man' musical, one of the show's creative minds has swooped into New York City to make his honest assessment. The famed U2 rocker finally got to see the $65 million production live on stage Tuesday night with bandmate The Edge, The New York Times reports. While Bono was supposed to see 'Spider-Man...
- Posted Dec 26th 2010 at 09:04 AM by Christine Fenno
On Friday, following surgery on his back, Broadway actor Christopher Tierney took his first steps since his disastrous 30-foot plunge off the set of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' on Monday night. As the stunt man's condition improves, Tierney's father tells the Associated Press that the injured aerialist can't wait to return to his role, and also says that his son received a Christmas Eve vis...
- Posted Dec 4th 2010 at 09:32 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Look out! Here comes...yet another bummer for Spidey! A third cast member in the beleaguered Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has been injured on the job. In recent weeks, a dancer broke his wrists attempting a flying stunt in rehearsal, and a different actor sustained injuries to his feet trying the same stunt. Now, a spokesman for Natalie Mendoza, who plays villainess Arach...
- Posted Jul 14th 2010 at 03:29 PM by PopEater Staff
U2 frontman Bono has announced he's fully recovered from emergency back surgery he had in May. In a hand-held video posted on U2's website, Bono apologizes to fans who now must wait an extra year to see the band return to action but promises it will be worth the wait. "I can sit. I can stand. I can move around a bit. Feeling strong, feeling confident," Bono says as he walks around the recording...
- Posted Jun 29th 2010 at 01:00 PM by John Mitchell
In these tough economic times, it's reassuring to know that a 17-year-old with big dreams, a raspy voice and a penchant for skimpy stage outfits can pull in more cash than most small countries. Yes, Forbes magazine has announced its list of the 100 most powerful celebrities in the world, and the usual suspects, many of whom are so culturally omnipresent they go by a single name, are all there: ...
- Posted May 21st 2010 at 11:04 AM by PopEater Staff
U2 frontman Bono underwent emergency back surgery after suffering an injury during the band's rehearsals for their upcoming world tour, his spokesperson announced on Friday. According to the statement, Bono "will spend the next few days" in a Munich hospital "before returning home to recuperate." There's no word just yet as to how this will affect the band's upcoming U.S. concert dates....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amy Purdy Weds Longtime Boyfriend Daniel Gale in 'Outdoorsy' Idaho Wedding
- Ever Wonder Where the Property Brothers Live?
- History-Making Les Misérables Actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste Has Died at 21
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Did The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman Just Throw Shade at Ex Josh Murray? See for Yourself!
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel's Son Axl Is the Cutest "Little Maverick" on His Second Birthday—See the Pic!
- Amy Purdy Gets Married! Dancing With the Stars and The Amazing Race Alumna Says "I Do" to Daniel Gale