Posts with tag "Bridesmaids"
- Posted Jul 2nd 2011 at 12:44 PM by Moviefone Editors
The best movies of 2011? Already? How can we possibly know? This weekend, our friends at Moviefone are looking back at this year's most entertaining films -- so far. After all, we've reached the exact halfway point of 2011. We know plenty of critics predicted 'The Beaver' would be a turkey, so you might be surprised to see it kick off the Top Ten. Did your faves make our countdown? 10. 'The ...
- Posted May 13th 2011 at 02:50 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
The new film Bridesmaids has already been called the female version of 2009's summer blockbuster, 'The Hangover,' however the stars of the new film tell me a double standard still does exist in comedy with men and women. "There is a double standard, and we like to pretend that it isn't there. But they [men] can get away with so much, and for us it's like, oooh, you did that? That might ruin you...
- Posted May 12th 2011 at 03:15 PM by Moviefone Editors
With all the buzz surrounding this weekend's female-lead comedy 'Bridesmaids,' it's probably easy to predict just what kind of comedy audiences are in store for. After all, it's produced by 'Knocked Up' and 'Superbad' impresario Judd Apatow and directed by 'Freaks and Geeks' creator Paul Feig. But what exactly is 'Bridesmaids' about -- and, after all the speculation, is 'Bridesmaids' funny? W...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Janet Jackson Returns to the Stage for the First Time in Four Years, Debuts New Missy Elliott Track
- Police Officer Fatally Shot Near Chicago, Manhunt Underway for 3 Armed Suspects
- Horses with Hooves 3-Feet-Long Rescued from Neglect in Maryland
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for storming stage at concert
- Jessa Seewald's father-in-law condemns Josh Duggar's in scathing essay
- Ronda Rousey says yes to Marine who asked her to ball
- Uh Oh! Who's Saying, "Aw Crap, I'm Gonna Die!" During the Scream Finale?
- Givenchy Is Offering Tickets to its First New York Fashion Week Show to the Public—Find Out How to Score One (Hint: Act Fast)!
- James Bond Author Calls Idris Elba "Too Street" to Play 007 as Daniel Craig Says His Version Isn't "Sexist"