Posts with tag "BritainsGotTalent"
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 09:00 PM by Laura Ferreiro
Scottish songstress Susan Boyle seems poised to conquer the world. The unassuming 'Britain's Got Talent' star has already sold more than 1.8 million copies of her debut album 'I Dreamed a Dream' in its first three weeks of release in the U.S. (not to mention the millions she's sold worldwide). She also set an impressive record for the best first-week sales of any woman since SoundScan started trac...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 03:01 PM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle is still on top of the charts, and Taylor Swift had better watch her back. The 'Britain's Got Talent' star spent her second week at number one on the Billboard 200, as her debut album 'I Dreamed a Dream' sold 527,000 more copies. Billboard reports that she's well on her way to a third week at the top of the U.S. charts. In just two weeks, 'Dream' has sold a staggering 1.23 million c...
- Posted Dec 9th 2009 at 09:39 AM by PopEater Staff
Susan Boyle reached another pinnacle in her career after producers arranged for her to sing a duet with her idol, Elaine Paige. The surprise was kept a secret from Boyle until shortly before the performance, reports UK's Daily Mail. The pair sang Paige's song 'I Know Him So Well.' After the duet, the 'Britain's Got Talent' runner-up said, "I never thought I would see myself standing on the same st...
- Posted Dec 2nd 2009 at 11:36 AM by PopEater Staff
You've had a good week, Susan Boyle. The 'Britain's Got Talent' star sold an astounding 701,000 copies of her debut album, 'I Dreamed a Dream,' in the U.S., giving her the best first week sales of 2009 and the best-selling debut album by any woman since SoundScan began tracking in 1991. It's also the biggest debut album by any artist since Snoop Dogg's 'Doggystyle' in 1993....
- Posted Sep 17th 2009 at 07:26 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
She wasn't even a competitor on the show, but Susan Boyle arguably stole the finale of 'America's Got Talent' Wednesday night. Making her U.S. television singing debut, Boyle sang a version of the Rolling Stones' song 'Wild Horses' and even spoke briefly about her hospitalization following her loss on 'Britain's Got Talent.' "I've never felt so tired. I look back at it now and it was a necessit...
- Posted Aug 25th 2009 at 11:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Were you like us and hoping Robin Williams was really-truly interested in donning a house dress and playing Susan Boyle on the big screen? On paper it sounded like a hoot, and one British newspaper actually quoted the 'Mrs. Doubtfire' actor as saying he was already readying his singing voice by practicing 'Les Miz' songs in the mirror. Alas, those rumors were just that. Williams has now slammed th...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch Malin Akerman 'Pour Some Sugar' on Lip Sync Battle
- Kim Kardashian on the About Bruce Special: We Want to Help Other Families Going Through the Same Thing
- JFK's Grandson Jack Schlossberg: 5 Things To Know About Him
- Big Bird was almost on Challenger space shuttle, documentary reveals
- Leaked Sony emails reveal CEOs think female superheros are not profitable
- Fit model Sarah Stage shows off bikini body 3 weeks after popping out baby
- Ciara Gushes About New Boyfriend Russell Wilson, Says ''Everything Happens for a Reason''
- Seth Rogen and Wife Lauren Share Their Emotional Journey With Alzheimer's and Why They Started Hilarity for Charity
- Kris Jenner Goes Commando?! See the Moments that Made Us LOL on the Latest Good Work!