Posts with tag "BrittanyMurphy"
- Posted Feb 15th 2010 at 10:15 AM by PopEater Staff
The Brittany Murphy Foundation, which is run by Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, and mother, Sharon Murphy, hasn't filed the necessary documents to qualify as a charity or nonprofit group and is now returning all donations. On Sunday, TMZ first reported that the foundation was not registered as a charity with the IRS or the state of California, as required by law. The foundation has issued an...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 12:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Brittany Murphy's death was accidental, the L.A. County Coroner determined, TMZ reports. According to the coroner's findings, the 32-year-old died of community acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication -- which included prescription and over-the-counter drugs. The report also indicated that her death was "preventable." TMZ says that her pneumonia was...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 09:39 AM by PopEater Staff
For the first time since her daughter's sudden death, Brittany Murphy's mother Sharon is speaking out, along with Murphy's husband Simon Monjack. The pair told PEOPLE they believe the 32-year-old actress died of a congenital heart defect that was diagnosed in her teens -- not from a drug overdose. "She had a little bit of a cold. You could never in a billion years imagine this happening,"...
- Posted Jan 2nd 2010 at 09:00 AM by PopEater Staff
What other celebs are the tabloids dishing on this week? Find Out Inside...
- Posted Dec 25th 2009 at 10:10 AM by PopEater Staff
Brittany Murphy was laid to rest on Christmas Eve, with only a small group of her family and friends attending the funeral service in Los Angeles. Radar Online reports that 25 mourners attended the ceremony at Forest Lawn Memorial Park. Murphy's family announced that a larger memorial would be held in the new year....
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 12:12 PM by PopEater Staff
Angelo Bertolotti had not seen Brittany Murphy for more than a year before her shocking death Sunday, and he had never met her husband - but the distance between the father and daughter is not the reason Bertolotti will be skipping Murphy's Christmas Eve funeral. "If I wanted to go, I would go, but I don't want to see her that way," he tells E! News. "She was flawless to me. She was a little...
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 08:56 AM by PopEater Staff
DVD rental chain Redbox is frantically trying to remove a poster for Brittany Murphy's new straight-to-DVD movie, 'Deadline,' because it depicts the late star lifeless in a bathtub. Murphy passed out in her bathroom and later died Dec. 20 after suffering cardiac arrest. Autopsy results are pending. The grim poster had been placed at kiosks around the country early this month. The company...
- Posted Dec 23rd 2009 at 11:24 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Deaths
Rumor has it Brittany Murphy will be buried in Hollywood on Christmas Eve. Don't count Murphy's estranged father, Angelo Bertolotti, among the invited. Meanwhile the director of her final film, 'Abandoned,' gives kind words on the talented actress, controversial promo art for 'Deadline' is pulled, and her part in 'Shrinking Charlotte' is set to be recast....
- Posted Dec 23rd 2009 at 09:07 AM by PopEater Staff
Pictures and video have surfaced of a painfully thin Brittany Murphy on the set of her last movie, a psychological thriller called 'Abandoned,' just months before her fatal cardiac arrest Sunday. Despite rumors that Murphy was disorganized or difficult to work with, director Michael Feifer told PEOPLE, "Brittany was a pro ... It hurts me to hear all this salacious stuff because my experience...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2009 at 03:46 PM by Marc Schneider
Brittany Murphy's grieving widower, Simon Monjack, has endured three grueling days since the 'Clueless' star's tragic death Sunday. In a tear-filled interview with PEOPLE, a "devastated" Monjack recounts his wife's final days spent sick in bed and denies there were many prescription drugs in the house -- a claim that clashes with newly leaked coroner's notes. Monjack reveals that his wife, who...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Are Celebrities Rethinking Space Travel After the 2 Rocket Accidents?
- The 5 Words That Inspire Katie Holmes
- Robert Downey, Jr. Jokes: This Pregnancy Has Been 'Extraordinarily Tough' on Me
- Amanda Bynes to remain under her mom's care
- 30 years later, ?CHiPs' cast reunites
- Hello Kitty celebrates 40th anniversary
- This Week on Stage: Ewan McGregor, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Sting!
- Watch Arcade Fire's short horror film ?Festi'
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!