Posts with tag "Broadway"
- Posted Jun 18th 2011 at 10:18 AM by Christine Fenno
Former 'American Idol' star Kara DioGuardi, who left the series last fall after two seasons on the judging panel, is getting ready to razzle-dazzle New York theater-goers on the Great White Way. DioGuardi will join the Broadway cast of 'Chicago,' taking over the starring role of Roxie Hart from Christie Brinkley (Renee Zellweger won a Golden Globe for playing the homicidal attention-hound on...
- Posted Apr 2nd 2011 at 02:41 PM by Christine Fenno
In the Broadway musical 'The Addams Family,' Brooke Shields has signed on to play Morticia Addams, starting in June. She'll replace Bebe Neuwirth, who originated the starring role when the production opened over a year ago. Neuwirth has been in the show for 15 months, according to the Hollywood Reporter, and her last performance is June 26. Nathan Lane (who played Gomez Addams) has already...
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 03:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Julie Taymor's $65 million Broadway mega-production 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has hit (a lot of) snags. And now, producers are telling the crew that she has "stepped down" even though she's still in negotiations about her contractual terms. "Taymor is out. She's left the building," the source told The Daily News. The show's opening night, March 15, is reportedly being delayed -- for the...
- Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 02:00 PM by Jason Newman
Will the initial round of arachnophobia among the nations' theater critics bring down 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,' director Julie Taymor's $65 million production set to open March 15? A slew of reviews were published earlier this week and the overall consensus was clear: the show is not exactly a critical darling, with reviewers calling it "a shrill, insipid mess," (Washington Post)...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2010 at 11:59 PM by Elizabeth Townsend
Broadway's ill-fated 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' will indeed go dark Wednesday night in order to make its set safer after a performer in a Spider-Man costume plunged 30 feet on Monday night when a cable snapped during an aerial stunt -- the musical's fourth accident since October. An investigation into the fall revealed that someone failed to attach top stunt man Chris Tierney's harness...
- Posted Dec 6th 2010 at 01:40 PM by Zach Dionne
If the problematic 'Spider-Man' musical ever sorts itself out, the next Hollywood-to-Broadway production is ready for headlines: 'American Psycho,' the gruesome glimpse into a disturbed mind, first a novel by LA writer Bret Easton Ellis and later adapted into a Christian Bale Hollywood film, will hit the Great White Way. "There are murders, and they are on stage in full view of the audience,"...
- Posted Dec 4th 2010 at 09:32 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Look out! Here comes...yet another bummer for Spidey! A third cast member in the beleaguered Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has been injured on the job. In recent weeks, a dancer broke his wrists attempting a flying stunt in rehearsal, and a different actor sustained injuries to his feet trying the same stunt. Now, a spokesman for Natalie Mendoza, who plays villainess...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 04:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Kiefer Sutherland, best known for his tough-guy roles in TV and film, is taking on a new challenge: Broadway. The actor is scheduled to make his debut on the Great White Way In February, 2011 in Jason Miller's play 'That Championship Season.' The L.A. Times reports that Sutherland will be joined on-stage by Brian Cox, Jim Gaffigan, Chris Noth, and Jason Patric. The playwright, who is most...
- Posted Oct 11th 2010 at 04:05 PM by PopEater Staff
Blue-chip bachelor Daniel Radcliffe is growing up before our eyes, and doesn't plan on settling down anytime soon. In an interview with Dazed and Confused Magazine (via Times of London), the 'Harry Potter' superstar joked that he might be a little too excited to be hanging out with beautiful Broadway dancers next year. "I said to a friend the other day, 'Dude, I'm doing a show with dancers....
- Posted Oct 2nd 2010 at 11:26 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Luminaries who made headlines this week for taking a bow on Broadway include actors Ben Stiller and Edie Falco (prepping for a revival of a drama that Stiller starred in as a teen), rocker-songwriter Billie Joe Armstrong (performing a short run in the Greenday musical, 'American Idiot') and now....Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider. In the campy 'Rock of Ages,' Snider will join the Broadway...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Anna Marie Cardwell: 'I Would Feel Hurt' If Mama June Is Dating My Molester
- Chrissy Teigen on Her Tom Yom Soup: 'Thank God You Can't Taste Instagram' (PHOTOS)
- Josh Lucas and Jessica Ciencin Henriquez: 'Officially Divorced'
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rihanna Looks Sexy in Black, Shows Off Fantastic Figure While Promoting New Fragrance
- Todd Chrisley Sets the Record Straight on His Relationship With His Bipolar Son, Kyle: "I Want What's Best for Him"
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!