Posts with tag "Cameron Douglas"
- Posted Oct 29th 2010 at 10:41 AM by Zach Dionne
Despite his grueling treatments for advanced throat cancer, Michael Douglas has been making regular three-hour trips to see his son, Cameron, in prison in Pennsylvania. Douglas, 66, is recovering from chemotherapy and radiation. Cameron, 31, is serving a five-year drug-related prison sentence. "Michael is still visiting with Cameron," the actor's longtime friend and publicist Allen Burry...
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 06:58 AM by PopEater Staff
Not long before announcing his battle with stage-four throat cancer, Michael Douglas told Men's Journal in a candid interview that he regretted placing his acting work above his real-life role as a father. "My career was really just getting started and that was my focus, maybe more than it should have been. I was gone more than I should have been," Douglas says of son Cameron's upbringing....
- Posted May 15th 2010 at 07:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Three weeks after being sentenced to five years in prison for drug dealing, troublemaker Cameron Douglas has been transferred to a minimum security prison in Lewisburg, PA, PEOPLE is reporting. According to the report, Douglas, who had been held in Manhattan's Metropolitan Correctional Center since August, will live in "a dormitory style barracks with rows of bunk beds" in the prison, located...
- Posted May 3rd 2010 at 08:23 AM by PopEater Staff
Less than two weeks ago, Cameron Douglas was sentenced to five years in prison on a drug conviction. On Monday, Michael Douglas spoke to the 'Today' show, admitting his failings as a father and saying he believes the sentence was "adequate." "My son was a drug dealer and he's been trying to kill himself for a while," he said. "I can't condone his behavior and I think the court recognized his...
- Posted Apr 20th 2010 at 03:58 PM by Marc Schneider
Calling it his "last chance to make it," a New York judge on Tuesday sentenced Michael Douglas' son to five years in prison for his role in dealing methamphetamine and cocaine in New York City, the AP reports. Cameron Douglas apologized to Federal Judge Richard Berman and the court and admitted he was responsible for not turning his life around. In addition to jail time, Douglas was ordered to...
- Posted Apr 15th 2010 at 02:01 AM by Rob Shuter
As Cameron Douglas awaits sentencing this month following his arrest for drug trafficking, it's becoming clear what led him from a life of fame and fortune into one of illegal activities. My sources tell me he felt oppressed by the fame his family had achieved, and that he'd never be able to achieve anything like that on his own. Poor lad. After the jump, friends of the family give insight into...
- Posted Apr 8th 2010 at 01:00 PM by PopEater Staff
As he waits to find out the length of his prison sentence for dealing methamphetamine and cocaine in New York City, Cameron Douglas is receiving an outpouring of support from family and friends, who have written in droves to a federal judge asking for leniency. Among those who have penned letters released to the press, his stepmother Catherine Zeta-Jones describes Cameron as a "caring" person...
- Posted Mar 1st 2010 at 12:31 PM by PopEater Staff
In the wake of his son's arrest and pending prison sentence, Michael Douglas, 65, opened up to Vanity Fair about his family's tendency for strained father-son relationships. "The history of second-generation actors isn't great in our industry," he said. "It's kind of a tragic road, actually." No one would know this better than Douglas, who is both the son of a actor and the father of one....
- Posted Feb 11th 2010 at 02:01 PM by PopEater Staff
Michael Douglas may have famously proclaimed "Greed is good!" as Gordon Gekko in his Academy Award-winning performance in 1987's 'Wall Street,' but these days, the actor is more focused on family than fame or fortune. In an interview with The Sun, the actor opens up about his acting career, his life with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones and the things he wishes he'd done differently with his incarcerated...
- Posted Jan 27th 2010 at 03:10 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
The hard-luck son of Michael Douglas pleaded guilty on Wednesday to dealing large quantities of methamphetamine and cocaine while holed up in a trendy Manhattan hotel where he was arrested last year. Cameron Douglas, 31, told a judge that a New York contact first asked him if he could score the drugs in 2006. After that, "I began supplying on a regular basis." Asked by a judge if he knew what...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny Slate Talks Marcel the Shell's New Video and Children's Book
- With Accused Killer in Jail, Oklahoma Town Mourns His Murdered Parents and Sister
- Miranda Lambert and Meghan Trainor to Duet on the CMA Awards: Will You Watch?
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Katy Perry's Birthday Week Is Already Amazing: Singer's Dream of Getting Her Name on the Shakey's Sign Comes True!
- Kris Jenner Makes the Most of a Flattering Filter on Instagram—but What Happened to Gordon Ramsay's Face?!
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Ghostbusters 3 Rumors, Reveals Her Biggest Fear (And It's Not Being Naked)