Posts with tag "Christopher Nolan"
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 11:20 AM by Elizabeth Yun
Comic book fans and cinemaphiles have a common question on their lips today: Who will be Batman's new nemesis in the 'Dark Knight Rises'? Speaking to E! Online at the premiere of 'Red Riding Hood,' Gary Oldman, who plays Commissioner Gordon in the Christopher Nolan-directed superhero reboots, revealed, "I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics." It w...
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 01:45 PM by Moviefone Editors
He has directed some of the most critically acclaimed, visually arresting movies of our time and has been celebrated by his colleagues, but this morning Christopher Nolan's name was a notable snub on the list of Best Director Oscar nominees. Nolan -- a three-time Directors Guild of America nominee for 'Memento,' 'The Dark Knight' and 'Inception' -- has yet to be recognized in the director categ...
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 12:20 PM by John Mitchell
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Pop-Ed -
- Michael Douglas -
- Mila Kunis -
- Ryan Gosling -
- Andrew Garfield -
- Top News
The Academy Award nominations were released this morning and were full of snubs and surprises. The biggest diss was an obvious one: 'Inception' director Christopher Nolan, whose film received eight nominations including best picture, failed to score a best director nomination. Mila Kunis, Ryan Gosling and Michael Douglas, all of whom were shortlisted by critics groups and the Golden Globes in the ...
- Posted Jan 19th 2011 at 01:48 PM by Jett Wells
Catwoman is returning to the big screen, and Anne Hathaway is putting on the claws. Christopher Nolan announced in a statement Tuesday that Hathaway will join Tom Hardy and Christian Bale in his latest 'Batman' film, 'The Dark Knight Rises,' according to The Hollywood Reporter. "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as...
- Posted Nov 23rd 2010 at 08:35 AM by PopEater Staff
In an interview for 'The Fighter' and the upcoming 'The Dark Knight Rises,' Christian Bale tells E! Online, "This will be the last time I'm playing Batman" Bale doesn't seem to have animosity for the role or the franchise; he more appears to have heard the third chapter will round out the series. "The thing is that this will be, I believe, unless Chris [Nolan, director] says different, this wil...
- Posted Oct 29th 2010 at 11:25 AM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: Christopher Nolan has announced the name of the sequel to 'The Dark Knight.' Oh, this is so awesome; I can't wait to see the next great Batman movie. Wait, it's just called 'The Dark Knight Rises'? They just added "Rises" to the title? No dark, romantic allegorical title? #@%&! The dripping hype over Nolan's next Batman flick has hit a speed bump by adding one word to the old title,...
- Posted Sep 29th 2010 at 07:31 PM by PopEater Staff
Michael Caine has a thing for novels about terrorists and some years ago decided to write one that prominently featured a tragedy much like the Sept. 11 attacks in New York City. Caine revealed on BBC Radio 4 this week to having premonitions about 9/11 while writing the book, but stopped after the attacks occurred. "I had this plot where terrorists fly a plane into a London skyscraper," he told...
- Posted Jul 16th 2010 at 08:34 AM by PopEater Staff
Director Christopher Nolan's 'Inception' opens today, and it's been touted as one of the few gleaming banner movies of the summer. After all, it is the follow-up to 'The Dark Knight,' one of the most critically praised films in recent memory. But the reviews rolling out are letting expectations down easy: 'Inception' is solid, but it ain't perfect. "I truly have no idea what so many people a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''