Posts with tag "ColbieCaillat"
- Posted Jan 29th 2010 at 06:00 PM by Steve Baltin
Grammy week is in full swing and on Thursday night, the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences presented 'Cue the Music,' a 90-minute concert celebrating the marriage of music and television. For the event, several past and present Grammy nominated artists, including Pat Monahan of Train, the Fray and the legendary Solomon Burke, brought songs associated with TV to life. Though there were...
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 11:40 AM by Melinda Newman
Sure, it's an honor just to be nominated, but the Fray's Isaac Slade isn't going to lie -- the Denver-based band wants to take home a Grammy or two at this year's ceremony. The quartet is nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals alongside the Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi and MGMT, as well as for Best Pop Vocal Album for its second major label release, 'The Fray.' Its...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 05:00 PM by Steve Baltin
John Mayer's new album, the smart, sophisticated, and sweet 'Battle Studies,' has just been released. And no one is happier than Mayer himself. "I have no problem releasing it into the open and letting everybody have at it, poke the bear with sticks -- and that's the fun of it," he told Popeater when we went to visit him at the Burbank, Calif., studio where he was rehearsing for an upcoming tour....
- Posted Sep 17th 2009 at 01:30 PM by Ashley Iasimone
When Howie Day stopped by PopEater's New York office recently to preview his new album, we hit him with the hard question: Does he ever feel pressured to write another big hit like 2004's 'Collide'? "I think that can happen. Yeah, for sure," Day said. "But you don't sit down to write the hit. You do that and it won't happen. This is my job, so I think about that." Maybe his latest single, 'Be...
- Posted Aug 25th 2009 at 11:30 AM by Ashley Iasimone
With the release of her second album, 'Breakthrough,' Colbie Caillat is ready to share more than just new music. In a recent interview with PopEater, the singer-songwriter opened up and revealed the inspiration behind the album: "All my life I have had really bad stage fright and had been fighting with my insecurities that I had gained over the years from when I was a little girl. They were...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Emmy Rossum Ate 7 Cakes for Her Birthday
- The Workout Tool for People Who Hate Working Out
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Intimate Wedding Album Appears in PEOPLE
- Is Carrie Underwood trading country music for Christian?
- The roles that got away
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: Trouble in Paradise?