Posts with tag "Corey Haim"
- Posted Mar 12th 2011 at 12:35 AM by Moviefone Editors
This week marked one year since former teen icon Corey Haim died following complications from pneumonia. Much of Haim's upbringing -- starring in a series of hit '80s movies, his troubles with drug addiction and his efforts at a comeback -- has been widely documented. However, Haim re-entered the news even before this anniversary, after being snubbed from the "In Memoriam" package at the Academy...
- Posted Mar 1st 2011 at 10:35 AM by Amber James
Corey Haim's death has been overlooked by his peers once again. After being omitted from the SAG Awards' In Memoriam montage in January, Haim was notably missing again from the memoriam segment at the 2011 Oscars. The '80s star, whose credits include 'The Lost Boys,' 'License To Drive' and 'Lucas,' died on March 11, 2010, at the age of 38. Now, his longtime friend, Corey Feldman is speaking...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 02:15 AM by Moviefone Editors
As Oscars night draws to a close, we begin to reflect on the victories, surprises and snubs of the evening -- 'King's Speech' over 'Social Network,' and still no love for Christopher Nolan? One segment that can always be counted on to court controversy is the Oscars In Memoriam segment, a sober look back at the stars we've loved and lost over the past year. At the 2010 awards, Oscar drew...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 12:01 AM by Marc Schneider
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal
Eighties teen star Corey Haim made the cut for the original 'In Memoriam' package at Sunday night's Screen Actors Guild Awards, but father time had other plans. Following a day of guffaws from fans and old friends, including Corey Feldman, the show's producer explains in a statement given to PopEater that they simply didn't have "time to salute everyone" this year. Kathy Connell notes that...
- Posted Jan 31st 2011 at 03:38 PM by PopEater Staff
Corey Feldman says the omission of his friend Corey Haim from the Screen Actors Guild Awards tribute montage was an unfortunate, if not predictable, turn of events. "We have become used to not being honored by our peers in the industry," Feldman tells PopEater. "I have faith that the Academy will make a wiser choice." Haim and Feldman starred in several films throughout the 1980s, including...
- Posted Jan 31st 2011 at 12:05 PM by Marc Schneider
The montage of actors, writers and directors who've passed on to the big awards show in the sky is a tradition at nearly every ceremony, from the Oscars to the Emmys. Also an annual tradition is the oh-no-they-didn't act of leaving someone out. This year, the culprit is the Screen Actors Guild Awards, and the snubbed star is none other than Corey Haim, who, despite having several major films...
- Posted Oct 11th 2010 at 04:30 PM by AOL TV Editors
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Deaths
While promoting 'Lost Boys: The Thirst,' Corey Feldman explained that Corey Haim's death last March was not due to a drug overdose as initially reported in the press. Instead, Haim died from a heart condition and from complications due to pneumonia, Feldman said on 'Today.' "It was reported ... that he died from a drug overdose, which, in fact, was not true," Feldman said. "He died of an...
- Posted Aug 30th 2010 at 10:35 AM by Marc Schneider
Is Fred Savage dead? No, but literacy in America may be on life support. The latest death hoax to hit the Internet, Twitter, etc. involves the lovable star of 'The Wonder Years,' but the culprit here seems to be the actor's slight resemblance to another, actually dead, actor. During the Emmys "In Memoriam" segment, during which photos of the famously deceased appear alongside a sad song, an...
- Posted May 4th 2010 at 05:39 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Actor Corey Haim died from pneumonia complicated by an enlarged heart, bad lungs and narrowed blood vessels, while drugs found in his system played no role in his death, the Los Angeles County coroner said Tuesday. Haim, 38, died of natural causes from "community-acquired pneumonia" along with lung, heart and blood vessel problems, according to an autopsy report. Low levels of eight drugs,...
- Posted Apr 8th 2010 at 11:45 AM by PopEater Staff
Corey Feldman has taken to his blog to announce the cancellation of a public memorial service for his best friend, Corey Haim, who passed away in early March. Feldman, who starred alongside Haim in eight films, including 'The Lost Boys' and 'Dream a Little Dream,' writes, "Now I must be the bearer of some very disappointing news to many of you out there. After weeks of consideration and...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll