Posts with tag "Country Strong"
- Posted Jan 2nd 2011 at 01:15 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
In preparing for her 'Country Strong' role as a recovering alcoholic attempting a show-business comeback, Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow says she had so much difficulty understanding the mentality of substance abusers, she turned to her friend and 'Iron Man' co-star Robert Downey Jr. to help her get a handle on her character. And it sounds like his expertise was her secret weapon in mastering the ...
- Posted Dec 21st 2010 at 07:00 PM by Scarlett Newberry
Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow loves acting, but it has to be a pretty compelling part to take her away from her favorite role: mom to daughter Apple and son Moses. Playing troubled alcoholic country superstar Kelly Canter in 'Country Strong' fit the bill, as does her role in 'Contagion,' as an infected working mom in the new Steven Soderbergh film shooting now. When considering movie roles, "you ...
- Posted Nov 20th 2010 at 05:30 AM by The Boot Editors
While on location shooting her new film, 'Country Strong,' Gwyneth Paltrow fell in love with Nashville. Not only did she discover numerous hidden treasures that not even some of the locals know about, she has had serious thoughts about putting down some roots -- literally -- and buying a place in Middle Tennessee. "I would love it," the Oscar-winning actress tells our friends at The Boot. "It's ...
- Posted Nov 15th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Jason Newman
When Gwyneth Paltrow decided to debut the title song from her upcoming film 'Country Strong,' her first-ever live musical performance, she could have slipped unnoticed into some small Nashville bar and worked out the track surreptitiously. Instead, she chose to close last week's Country Music Awards, the biggest platform in the genre, and duet with veteran Vince Gill. It was an audacious move, ...
- Posted Nov 7th 2010 at 01:08 PM by Christine Fenno
Country superstar Tim McGraw knows a thing or two about music -- and about acting opposite formidable leading ladies (McGraw played Sandra Bullock's husband in 2009's 'Blind Side,' the drama that won her an Academy Award). McGraw, 43, spoke to OK! this week about his December film 'Country Strong,' in which Gwyneth Paltrow plays a washed-up recording star launching a comeback with help from her ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- It's a Girl for The Mentalist's Rockmond Dunbar
- Kelly Rutherford's Request for Custody of Her Two Kids Denied
- Prince Harry Arrives at the South Pole: 'It's an Amazing Feeling'
- Khloe Kardashian filing for divorce from Lamar Odom, reports say
- 'American Hustle' review: Actors take 70s stereotypes and run with them in entertaining sting flick
- Plastic surgeon dad goes to work on daughters' breasts, faces
- ?Spider-Man' spins off: 20 thoughts on ?Venom,' ?The Sinister Six,' and Sony's franchise gambit
- Relive 2013 through the year's top Instagram moments and trends
- Late Night Highlight: David Letterman makes Julia Roberts cry (in a good way) ? VIDEO
- Meet the #RichKids of Beverly Hills: Jonny Drubel Says He's the "Most Over-the-Top, Outrageous, Crazy Person"
- Vanessa Hudgens's Black Tie Crop Top: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop?
- Bow Down! Beyoncé Sells 80,000 Copies of Her Self-Titled Visual Album in Three Hours