Posts with tag "Dave Letterman"
- Posted Aug 31st 2010 at 09:55 PM by PopEater Staff
Michael Douglas talked for the first time about his cancer Tuesday night on 'The Late Show with Dave Letterman.' The actor told the audience he's in the middle of an "eight-week struggle" against throat cancer but is hopeful about his chances for recovery. Douglas revealed that he was diagnosed three weeks ago, though he'd complained of a sore throat and ear pain at one point earlier this year....
- Posted Mar 2nd 2010 at 02:00 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jay Leno
After the brouhaha over Jay Leno's 'Tonight Show' takeover, don't expect the reinstated king of late night to rest on his laurels. Now that Leno's back in his old time slot, we hear he's gunning for a battle with Letterman -- and he has his eyes set on Dave's home of New York City. Leno-Letterman scoop, plus details on Marie Osmond and more after the jump!...
- Posted Jan 25th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Rob Shuter
Now that David Letterman and Jay Leno will be going head-to-head once again, the bad blood between the late-night enemies will carry onto the guest couch. Word is Letterman won't play ball with anyone who goes on Leno's 'Tonight Show' first, setting up some serious celeb-snagging competition. More on that, plus Mariah's bubbly stash and Sarandon's bouncy night out with her rumored boy toy after...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 08:17 AM by PopEater Staff
Dave Letterman teed off on Jay Leno earlier this week in relation to the NBC 'Tonight' mess, and now Leno is fighting back directly at his nemesis -- only this time, it's personal instead of business. While Letterman generally kept his Leno insults showbiz-related, Leno fired off a marriage joke on Wednesday night that will surely hit close to home -- literally -- for Letterman, who last year...
- Posted Jan 20th 2010 at 11:37 AM by Mike Hess
Just when you think David Letterman couldn't get any more fired up about his nemesis Jay Leno and the current 'Tonight'-gate debacle over at NBC, the 'Late Show' host comes out and unloads another massive anti-Jay manifesto for the world to see. On Tuesday, Dave responded to Jay's "Don't Blame Conan" statement with a heated and harsh statement of his own, calling Leno "phony" and saying that...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 02:00 AM by Rob Shuter
In what could be the most brutal Jay Leno bashing session of all time, Conan O'Brien got himself an invite to appear on David Letterman's 'The Late Show.' Dave is looking not just to capitalize on the NBC drama, but also to knock his nemesis Leno down any way he can. Oh, Dave! How naughty (and brilliant)! All of the juicy details on a possible Conan-Dave interview, plus Brian Williams' Lauer...
- Posted Nov 17th 2009 at 09:36 PM by PopEater Staff
Penelope Cruz is one professional secret keeper, completely thwarting David Letterman's attempts to get her to dish on her status with fellow Oscar winner Javier Bardem. During an appearance on 'The Late Show' on Tuesday night to promote her new movie 'Broken Embraces,' Cruz shrugged off Letterman's line of questioning regarding whether she and Bardem are getting married. When pressed by...
- Posted Oct 8th 2009 at 09:15 AM by PopEater Staff
In the ongoing saga stemming from David Letterman's admission of affairs with female employees and the impending extortion plot against him, a new report claims that the woman at the center of the story is no longer allowed on the 'Late Show' set....
- Posted Oct 2nd 2009 at 11:46 AM by Mike Hess
With the stunning admission of an extortion plot against David Letterman thanks to sexual affairs he had with employees, the 'Late Show' host's reputation may be at stake. Letterman is adored by his fans for his pithy honesty, but will his affairs cause some to turn on him and his show? Experts weigh in after the jump. ...
- Posted Oct 1st 2009 at 09:40 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
UPDATE 11:45am Friday: '48 Hours' producer indicted in extortion plot. Arrest made following hotel sting operation. Keep Reading In a stunningly candid admission during his show on Thursday night, David Letterman admitted that he has had sexual relationships with female employees of his show, and that someone tried to extort him by releasing information about the relationships. A CBS employee...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Leftovers Recap: It's Open Season on the Guilty Remnant
- Is There a Cure for Hep-V on True Blood?
- Botched Recap: Meet the Woman with the Collapsible Breast
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!