Posts with tag "DavidLetterman"
- Posted Jan 27th 2010 at 07:45 PM by Mike Ryan
David Letterman looked like "either Dinty Moore or Paul Bunyan's son." Or so recalls Jay Leno from his 1996 book on his first meeting with Letterman in 1975. It was a fateful encounter that formed an initial partnership and friendship. But now, in retrospect, it's a tragic relationship in which the repercussions from the fallout between the two are still being felt 35 years later, changing ...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 04:33 PM by PopEater Staff
With all this drama between late-night hosts, they might as well be in high school, right? Well, we took a trip down memory lane and compiled all the host's year book photos. Take a look at all the funnymen (Conan O'Brien, David Letterman, Jay Leno, Jimmy Fallon and more) before their prime. ...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 08:17 AM by PopEater Staff
Dave Letterman teed off on Jay Leno earlier this week in relation to the NBC 'Tonight' mess, and now Leno is fighting back directly at his nemesis -- only this time, it's personal instead of business. While Letterman generally kept his Leno insults showbiz-related, Leno fired off a marriage joke on Wednesday night that will surely hit close to home -- literally -- for Letterman, who last year ...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 11:33 AM by PopEater Staff
Fred Armisen, Darrell Hammond, Bill Hader and Jason Sudekis suited up as Larry King, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and David Letterman for the opening sketch of 'Saturday Night Live.' "Jay, about 5 years ago, NBC came to you and said 'Jay, you're doing great. Your show's number one. We love you, leave, because we want to replace you with Conan O'Brien,'" Armisen's King said. "So you moved to 10PM and ...
- Posted Dec 30th 2009 at 07:04 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The man charged with trying to extort $2 million from David Letterman in exchange for not peddling a screenplay based on the Late Show host's backstage affairs with staffers has offered up a new point of defense -- the alleged hush money Tiger Woods gave to reported mistress Rachel Uchitel. In court papers filed Tuesday, Robert Halderman's lawyer cited published reports that Woods paid an alleged ...
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Were you surprised by Susan Boyle's talent? Did you love or hate Adam Lambert's glam album cover? Do you think Kate Gosselin shared too much information with the media? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions in Hollywood this year.* Let's look back at the biggest poll questions of 2009 to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the ...
- Posted Dec 18th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Maybe it's something about the impending holiday break that has everyone on TV flubbing their choice of words this week, making for a big old barrel of awkward on the tube. Whether it was guests like Jude Law or hosts like Elisabeth Hasselbeck or Oprah Winfrey, it seemed like everyone had already checked their brains -- and questioning/answering abilities -- out to lunch. Watch Three Instances ...
- Posted Dec 18th 2009 at 12:07 PM by PopEater Staff
Jude Law forgot how to count on Thursday when asked by David Letterman how many kids he has. There to promote the awesome-looking 'Sherlock Holmes,' Law and the 'Late Show' host were going through the whatcha-doin-for-Christmas motions when he said "I usually try to take the children on a bit of an adventure." Letterman followed up with "how many kids?" and Law gave a flat-out "three." While ...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 02:41 PM by PopEater Staff
Although Robert Downey Jr.'s days of drugs and frequent arrests are behind him, it turns out Japan isn't too forgiving of those old felony convictions, Huffington Post reports. Downey told David Letterman about his troubles at a Japanese airport last year, where he was detained and interrogated while promoting 'Iron Man.' "I think it has something to do with my fairly distant past," he said. ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Sarah Jessica Parker appeared on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' and the topic got around to her trademark mole, which she had removed. "I had a mole removed, which is far more invasive than hip replacement surgery, I assure you ... and far more disruptive to your life," she began. "I just didn't care for it," she said of her decision. "I thought, you know I have about six free days ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nashville Finale: Clare Bowen Says to 'Expect the Unexpected'
- Andrew Garfield: Shooting Hoops with Kids While Dressed in Spider-Man Costume?
- Amar'e Stoudemire Welcomes a Son
- Break Time: NFL star gets tons of wedding gifts
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Is Kellie Pickler the best winner ever?
- ?Modern Family' finale react: Moseying along
- Five ?Arrested Development' fanfiction ? aka Bluthcest ? stories you didn't know existed
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- 2013 Teen Choice Award Nominations: Twilight and Vampire Diaries Are Tops, Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Square Off
- We're the Millers Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Wears a Thong, Shows Off Stripper Skills
- Amanda Bynes: "I Have to Sue" Magazine Over "Fake Altered Photos"