Posts with tag "Dexter"
- Posted Dec 13th 2010 at 09:25 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After two years of marriage, actor Michael C. Hall and actress Jennifer Carpenter are calling it quits, their reps confirm to Entertainment Weekly. The two star together on the hit Showtime show 'Dexter' as brother and sister. "Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce," the reps said in a joint statement. Both reps stressed the split was...
- Posted Dec 7th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Sarah Crow
America's most beloved serial killer will be back for another season, according to the New York Daily News. 'Dexter' will be back to bring order to the streets of Miami for a sixth season, having garnered rave reviews and high viewer numbers since the show hit the air in 2006. Showtime President David Nevins said of the show's recent 43 percent increase in viewership, "To grow its audience s...
- Posted Sep 29th 2010 at 09:18 AM by Nicki Gostin
'Dexter' premiered this weekend to killer ratings -- its highest yet with 2.3 million viewers. Star Michael C. Hall, who triumphed over Hodgkin's lymphoma earlier this year, spoke with PopEater about his health, being married to his onscreen sister, actress Jennifer Carpenter, and what it's like playing a serial killer. So what's up for Dexter this season? Everything he's constructed for hims...
- Posted Sep 20th 2010 at 10:00 PM by Catherine Donaldson-Evans
When 'Dexter' star Michael C. Hall was diagnosed with a potentially deadly form of cancer last year, he thought his worst nightmare might be coming true. The actor says he had always wondered whether he'd live to be 39, the age at which his father died of prostate cancer when he was just a little boy. Hall was 38 when he found out he had Hodgkin's lymphoma. "I think I've been preoccupied sinc...
- Posted Jul 23rd 2010 at 01:13 PM by PopEater Staff
Michael C. Hall looked happy and healthy at San Diego's Comic-Con this week, appearing in support of the fifth season of 'Dexter.' The 38-year-old star fully recovered from cancer just months ago. Hall's wife, Jennifer Carpenter, called him "incredibly brave" when speaking about the battle in an AP interview in April. Hall announced in January that he was in remission after being diagnosed wi...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 08:43 PM by Mike Hess
Many of you weren't aware Michael C. Hall was sick and began hitting Google wondering why the 'Dexter' star was sporting a black cap while he accepted his Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. The answer: He's currently battling cancer, specifically Hodgkin's lymphoma....
- Posted Jan 13th 2010 at 05:55 PM by PopEater Staff
Michael C. Hall says he was diagnosed with cancer and is on the road to the successful completion of treatment. In a statement Wednesday, Hall said he was fortunate to be diagnosed with a "treatable and curable condition," Hodgkin's lymphoma, and thanked his doctors and nurses for their expertise. Craig Bankey, a spokesman for the actor, said the disease is in complete remission and Hall's treatme...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Soules's Bachelor Blog: 'I Knew Things Were About to Get Very Real'
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Ezra and Aria Break Up, Hanna Heads to Jail
- 19 Kids & Counting Recap: Jessa and Ben Receive Their Wedding Invitations, Shop for Flowers
- Heather Graham lands new role in 'Studio City'
- Blake Shelton enlists the help of Meghan Trainor on 'The Voice'
- Star Trek fans 'Spock' Canadian $5 bill to honor late Leonard Nimoy
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Will the Team Really Turn Against an Inhuman Skye?! Find Out What the Cast Reveals!
- Ariana Grande Shows Off Her Killer Vocals in "Adore"—Listen to the Cashmere Cat Song Here!
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Lisa Rinna's and Kim Richards' Glass Smashing and Throat Grabbing Fight