Posts with tag "Elizabeth Edwards"
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 11:24 AM by Zach Dionne
According to the National Enquirer, John Edwards proposed to mistress Rielle Hunter three weeks after wife Elizabeth Edwards died of cancer. The Enquirer isn't always a bastion of credibility, but its track record with Edwards is notable. The tabloid broke accurate news of the then-presidential candidate's affair in 2007 and eventually picked up steam for a potential Pulitzer Prize win. The E...
- Posted Dec 11th 2010 at 01:35 PM by Christine Fenno
Loved ones, including disgraced politician and estranged husband John Edwards, gathered in North Carolina today to say good-bye to Elizabeth Edwards, 61, who lost her battle with breast cancer earlier this week. In the days leading up to what People.com calls "an emotional service" at a Methodist church in Raleigh, more than a hundred former Edwards campaign staffers reportedly flocked to N.C. ...
- Posted Dec 10th 2010 at 08:15 AM by Rob Shuter
A public funeral service for Elizabeth Edwards has been scheduled for Saturday in Raleigh, North Carolina, and will include eulogies from her oldest daughter, Cate, and two close friends. As you'd expect, gathered mourners won't be hearing a eulogy from her estranged husband John Edwards, but that doesn't mean he won't be there. "Elizabeth would want it this way. She hated what John did but n...
- Posted Dec 7th 2010 at 05:19 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Deaths
Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, died Tuesday after a six-year fight with cancer, her family said. She was 61. "Today we have lost the comfort of Elizabeth's presence but she remains the heart of this family," the statement said. "We love her and will never know anyone more inspiring or full of life. On behalf of Elizabeth we want t...
- Posted Dec 6th 2010 at 06:45 PM by Rob Shuter
Elizabeth Edwards confirmed bad news today: Cancer has spread to her liver leaving doctors to recommend that future treatment will no longer help. "Elizabeth has been advised by her doctors that further treatment of her cancer would be unproductive," the Edwards family said in a statement to PEOPLE magazine. "She is resting at home with family and friends." This includes her ex-husband, John ...
- Posted Feb 14th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
If the John Edwards' affair scandal isn't a ready-made television movie, then we just don't know what is. Politics, sex tapes, bribery, a love child denied! All the key elements are there. A suave Southern Senator (with unflappable hair) and his loving wife (who also happens to have cancer) decide to take the big leap into national politics and run for president. On the campaign trail, he is seduc...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 12:33 PM by Sam Brand
Few, if any, politicians have risen so high and fallen so low. John Edwards was Senator of North Carolina for six years and John Kerry's running mate in 2004. His name was smeared and his career was smashed in 2008 when he admitted to have lied about keeping faithful to his cancer-stricken wife. Today, as an investigation continues into whether Edwards used campaign funds to hide mistress Rielle H...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2015: And the Winners Are ...
- Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara Are Red Carpet BFFs at the SAG Awards
- Julianne Moore Stuns Once Again in Green: See Her Best Emerald Moments
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Watch with us: The SAG Awards
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Veep's Reid Scott Is Going to Be a Dad, Pregnant Wife Elspeth Keller Debuts Baby Bump on 2015 SAG Awards Red Carpet!
- Why Wouldn't Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany Do the Mani Cam at the 2015 SAG Awards?!
- Yes, Michael Keaton Is Aware His Son Sean Douglas Is a "Handsome Dude" and Admits He Deleted His Meryl Streep Selfie!