Posts with tag "Elton John"
- Posted Apr 26th 2011 at 07:40 AM by AOL TV Editors
On 'Good Morning America' Monday, Elton John praised Prince William and Kate Middleton as a loving couple and wished them happiness in their impending marriage. However, he warned, for Middleton especially, the future promises a "most difficult life" given the "negativity" and "hatefulness" in the British press. "Let's face it. We know what that kind of marriage entails. The press never leave...
- Posted Apr 22nd 2011 at 01:40 PM by John Mitchell
After much speculation, Elton John and his partner David Furnish have confirmed to Barbra Walters, in an interview airing tonight on '20/20,' that Lady Gaga is the godmother of their four-month-old son, Zachary. "Yes, yes she is," John said when asked if Gaga was one of Zachary's godparents. "When you get to the real person under there, there's a real simple person under there who loves her...
- Posted Apr 19th 2011 at 08:15 AM by Kelly Fisher
Hold onto your hats 'Glee' fans, because Matthew Morrison scored the ultimate duet partner for a track on his new album: Elton John. Ryan Seacrest shared a clip of the song -- which is a mashup of John's 'Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters' and 'Rocket Man' -- on his radio show Monday. The song is available for download through Amazon beginning today. Morrison asked John to be part of his debut album...
- Posted Apr 5th 2011 at 12:25 AM by AOL Music Editors
Elton John has confirmed that Lady Gaga is the godmother of his son. In his appearance on 'Saturday Night Live' this past weekend, the 'Rocket Man' joked about parenthood during the opening monologue, saying he still hasn't "lost the baby weight" and let it slip that Gaga is the godmother. John and partner David Furnish recently became parents to son Zachary, who was born this past Christmas. ...
- Posted Apr 3rd 2011 at 11:36 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Sir Elton John was joined by Tom Hanks (playing Michael Caine) for a goofy 'Saturday Night Live' sketch called 'Knights of the Realm,' featuring a short list of British celebs who have been knighted. The conclave gathers to brainstorm a solution to the U.K.'s newest, greatest threat: a dragon attack. Andy Samberg, as Bono, donned giant shades and waxed on about artistry, until he was rudely cut...
- Posted Apr 1st 2011 at 11:25 AM by Sarah Crow
Elton John is the latest in a list of celebrities joining in on the 'Glee' debate. The legendary musician appeared on Jimmy Fallon's show last night to discuss, among other things, some artists' strong feelings about keeping their music off the show. John, whose song 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' was featured on the FOX hit's second season, called out Kings of Leon for refusing to let 'Glee'...
- Posted Mar 30th 2011 at 11:30 AM by Zach Dionne
Elton John is set to pull off a double play this weekend, hosting and performing as musical guest on 'Saturday Night Live.' Sir Elton is the first guest in the 36th season to perform this feat. Although the episode promo with Jason Sudeikis [via Vulture] is shorter than the usual midweek clips hyping the upcoming show, there's some silliness going on and a goofy tribute to English comedy staple...
- Posted Mar 19th 2011 at 12:49 PM by The Editors at AOL News
The 'Billy Elliot' cast member killed on Thursday evening by a double-decker bus in London was a young girl simply "living her dream as a dancer," her family said. Charlotte Leatherbarrow, 12, was crossing a road near her home when she was struck down. She was pronounced dead at the scene. The schoolgirl reportedly played the role of a young ballerina in the long-running West End stage...
- Posted Mar 2nd 2011 at 06:15 AM by Kelly Fisher
After much speculation, it turns out Elton John will be going to the royal wedding after all. According to PEOPLE, the singer and partner David Furnish will attend the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in London. "We do have an invitation," John told Canada's CTV. "I've been trying to be discreet." We don't blame him. The media frenzy over the invitation list has hit a...
- Posted Feb 11th 2011 at 09:17 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Since Elton John gave Billy Joel some "tough love" and called him out as an alcoholic in a Rolling Stone interview, the two iconic musicians have been back and forth against each other in the media. Elton said he knew his longtime friend would "hate him" for it, but he was quite outspoken about the piano man needing to "do something better" with his life and enter into a real rehab program for...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sophia Loren Turns 80! Mark the Milestone with Her Gorgonzola Pasta Recipe
- Cape Fear Actress Polly Bergen Has Died at 84
- Ailing Kate Feeling 'So-So,' Prince William Says
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Kendall Jenner Is Unstoppable at Milan Fashion Week—See Her Latest Looks From the Runway!
- Melissa Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember Joan Rivers' Humor—Watch the Touching Clip!
- Jonny Drubel Loses His Temper After Woman Rudely Tells Him to Not Wear Lip Gloss—Watch the Outrageous #RichKids Clip!