Posts with tag "Elvis Presley"
- Posted Jun 2nd 2011 at 02:30 AM by Boombox Editors
Fallen hip-hop icon Tupac Shakur has finally been immortalized in comic book form. The West Coast gangsta rap legend is the star of a new comic book entitled 'Comeback Kings,' in which 'Pac returns to the stage as a superhero, alongside martial artist Bruce Lee, singers Elvis Presley and Jim Morrison and comedian Andy Kaufman. In 'Comeback Kings,' the group of cultural icons have all faked...
- Posted May 22nd 2010 at 01:00 PM by Denise Warner
Last weekend, I attended my friend's graduation from the University of Akron's law school. At the end of the ceremony, we were asked to stand and sing the alma mater. Having never attended the school, I didn't know the song. Or did I? When the orchestra cued up, to my surprise, I had heard it before. Sure the lyrics were different -- but it was unmistakable to anyone who had ever carried a...
- Posted Jan 8th 2010 at 01:17 PM by Sam Brand
Elvis Presley turns 75 today. He's out there somewhere with thick sunglasses, sequins, and a salt-and-pepper pompadour, maybe sitting at a rusty one-armed bandit outside Reno, probably laughing at all those who think he's dead. We at PopEater know you're alive, Elvis. At the very least, we know you'll live on for eternity on YouTube. Here are our favorites of the Elvis Presley YouTube videos......
- Posted Jan 8th 2010 at 10:19 AM by Mike Hess
It's Elvis Presley's birthday, and we here at PopEater are celebrating it the only way we know how to: With a fantastic Blingee to honor The King on what would have been his 75th birthday. While we deal with all sorts of news about pop stars and actors on a daily basis, it's possible that the landscape of the entertainment industry would be different had it not been for Elvis. He turned the...
- Posted Dec 29th 2009 at 11:57 AM by Nana-Adwoa Ofori
A "brain freeze" can happen to anyone and even celebrities are prone to it - accidentally dropping the ball in the middle of their most popular song with millions of viewers watching and critiquing. Even though musicians practice to perfect their performance, sometimes stuff happens. Even just missing one word during a concert can send an otherwise seasoned artist off the edge muttering to...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 09:46 PM by Tricia Romano
Dead music stars still have major drawing power. Michael Jackson's posthumous documentary and CD 'This Is It' is released this week, and if history is any guide, his estate stands to make a lot of money. Since his death in June, 9 million Jackson albums have been sold -- which means he's already beaten John Lennon and Elvis Presley in his fourth act. Actors like Marilyn Monroe and Heath...
- Posted Oct 19th 2009 at 04:16 PM by PopEater Staff
Hoaxes prove that sometimes the best stories are the ones that are made up. And who would make a better fictional story than a celebrity? Because isn't that what celebrity is all about? Image making. Story telling. Dream inpiring. To celebrate the hoax that is the Balloon Boy, here are some celebrity hoaxes perpetrated against us, the trusting and loyal, make that gullible, public. "Paul is...
- Posted Oct 19th 2009 at 03:15 PM by Amber James
When it comes to being a superfan, money is not an option -- at least for some buyers who have coughed up millions of dollars at auctions to own everything from celebrity hair to worn clothing and personal mementos. This past weekend, a clump of hair believed to have been trimmed from Elvis Presley's head when he joined the Army in 1958 sold for $15,000! So how much have people paid to own...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy Engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- Is Kate Adopting a New Hairstyle on the Royal Tour?
- First Look! Watch Country Star Easton Corbin's 'Clockwork' Music Video
- Theresa Vail: From Army to Miss America to the Outdoor Channel
- Brian Johnson: Reports of AC/DC's death greatly exaggerated
- Co-eds doing porn to pay for school: Is Belle Knox a bellwether?
- ?Supernatural' recap: Follow the leader
- ?Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' react: Agents of Nothing
- ?New Girl' recap: I'm Okay, You're Okay (JK, We're All Broken Up)
- Marlon Wayans Jokes About Humping Inanimate Objects on Chelsea Lately—Watch Now!
- Grey's Anatomy Sneak Peek: Who Will Carry the Calzona Baby?! Watch and Find Out
- Elizabeth Olsen "Terrified" of Spilling Avengers: Age of Ultron Secrets, Slightly Intimidated by Cast