Posts with tag "Eminem"
- Posted Jun 26th 2011 at 02:06 PM by AOL Music Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
We all could have guessed that Eminem has split personalities, but lately, the rap superstar truly has been doing double duty, splitting his time between his solo career (he just headlined Bonnaroo) and his latest project, Bad Meets Evil. Now, in the new video for 'Space Bound,' the latest single from Em's 2010 blockbuster album, 'Recovery,' we see two versions of the Detroit rapper playing out...
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 01:05 AM by Spinner Editors
When the lineup for Bonnaroo 2011 was released back in February, some fans thought it skewed a little too far left of the festival's jammy roots. Eminem -- whose name usually dominates mainstream and rap album charts -- didn't seem like a natural fit for the festival's big tenth anniversary but on Saturday night, June 11, the Detroit native proved otherwise. On the brink of releasing a new...
- Posted Jun 7th 2011 at 01:30 AM by AOL Music Editors
Eminem is up to his old celeb-bashing tricks in his new song 'A Kiss' with rapper-in-crime Royce da 5'9" -- and this time he takes aim at pop superstar Lady Gaga. Together Em and Royce are the rap duo known as Bad Meets Evil, and the two live up to their name in a hard-hitting track from their 'Hell: The Sequel' EP. In 'A Kiss,' Eminem calls out past rumors that suggested Lady Gaga was a...
- Posted May 28th 2011 at 01:33 PM by Christine Fenno
Cee Lo Green heard the news and proclaimed, "Rest in peace to the GOD" while comic Sarah Silverman remembered a man who "mirrored ugliness with beauty, audacity & valor." Gil Scott-Heron, 62, the pioneering author and musician known by many as "the godfather of rap" passed away Friday, according to the New York Times. As a young man, the Chicago native was one of the first the recording...
- Posted Mar 15th 2011 at 01:35 PM by PopEater Staff
UPDATE: Congratulations, Twitter user @Angry_Blonde. You fooled the internet into thinking you were Eminem's 15-year-old daughter Hailie. Despite convincing tweets (see: casually referencing her and her father's birthdays accurately; tweeting a photo purportedly from "daddy's helli-choppa"; numerous other small, unfussy details), @Angry_Blonde is not Eminem's daughter. Eminem's publicist and...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 12:20 AM by Boombox Editors
A lot has happened in the dozen years since Dr. Dre released a solo album. A lot. Dre's much-storied third album, 'Detox,' is kinda like hip-hop's own 'Chinese Democracy.' Except that everyone expects great things from this one. It's almost time to finally cash in those chips for the money and the big payoff: After years of hearing Dre's collaborators -- including Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube --...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 10:09 AM by Zach Dionne
February has been good to Eminem. The 38-year-old Detroit native took won Best Rap Album at the Grammys on Feb. 13, and now he's surpassed Lady Gaga on Facebook and hit 1 billion views on YouTube. "Within the last few hours Eminem has become the world's most popular living person on Facebook," reads a Feb. 24 statement by social media tracker Famecount. Founder Daniel Dearlove says Eminem's...
- Posted Feb 21st 2011 at 03:45 AM by AOL Music Editors
Eminem might be the luckiest guy in the world. It's not because he has countless hit songs and albums to his credit. He's lucky, because he's shot videos with Rihanna and now porn star Sasha Grey all within the year. Last night, photographers caught up with Eminem on the set of his latest music video for 'Space Bound,' the fourth single from his 'Recovery' album. The video, which also stars...
- Posted Feb 7th 2011 at 07:38 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Ah, this year's Super Bowl didn't disappoint. Christina Aguilera flubbed the lyrics to the national anthem. The Black Eyed Peas performed a halftime show that was entertainingly bad, and the winning team's quarterback Aaron Rodgers is even rumored to be dating 'Gossip Girl's' Jessica Szohr. The commercials were great, too, of course. Kim Kardashian really "stepped it up" for Skechers. Justin...
- Posted Jan 13th 2011 at 03:30 PM by Jason Newman
Nine years after his electrifying performance in the semi-autobiographical '8 Mile,' Eminem is planning his return to film in the upcoming thriller 'Random Acts of Violence.' The reclusive rapper, whose 2010 album 'Recovery' was the best-selling album of the year, continues to work his way back into the national consciousness with a series of upcoming film roles. In addition to 'Violence,' the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- JWoww Says No to Facial Plastic Surgery, Yes to Botox
- Inside Jill Dillard's Pregnancy News
- Julianne Hough Shares Brother Derek's Sweet Reaction to Her New DWTS Gig
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!