Posts with tag "Erykah Badu"
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 01:15 AM by Boombox Editors
Erykah Badu sent the music industry into a fury yesterday announcing that her record label Universal Motown is defunct, but now comes news that the story was fabricated. Badu tweeted "Motown folded," to her over 300,000 followers Wednesday (June 8) afternoon. Adding more credibility to her words is the fact that label head, Sylvia Rhone, stepped down from her post in late May, but sources close...
- Posted Aug 17th 2010 at 03:17 PM by PopEater Staff
Five months after filming the video for 'Window Seat,' Erykah Badu has paid a $500 fine and will serve six months of probation for stripping during the music video shoot in Dallas. In March, Badu performed a walking striptease for her 'Window Seat' music video at Dealey Plaza, where President John F. Kennedy was fatally shot in 1963. The video ends with a nude Badu falling to the ground as if s...
- Posted Apr 7th 2010 at 08:00 AM by Jason Newman
Earlier this week, singer Erykah Badu was fined $500 and issued a disorderly conduct citation by Dallas law enforcement for her guerrilla-style video for 'Window Seat,' which saw the singer strip naked in the city's Dealey Plaza. While the directors of the controversial video admitted to MTV that everyone had one eye on police lookout and had collected bail money in advance, Badu was able to make ...
- Posted Apr 2nd 2010 at 11:20 AM by Zach Dionne
Critics of Erykah Badu's new 'Window Seat' video, which features the singer strolling through the streets of Dallas and removing all her clothes before collapsing at the spot of JFK's death, have found all sorts of issues to be cranky about. One common complaint goes, "Hey! This isn't even original -- Matt & Kim did the exact same thing in 2009 when they stripped in Times Square for their 'L...
- Posted Mar 30th 2010 at 04:48 PM by PopEater Staff
Erykah Badu's 'Window Seat' video is a purpose-driven striptease, featuring the singer walking through the city center of her hometown Dallas, tossing her clothes and walking slowly to the tune of the track. Immediately after Badu goes full nude, a gunshot rings out, her head whips back violently as her body goes limp, tumbling to the ground, leaving spectating citizens utterly confounded. And ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- How the Pitch Perfect Cast Got Anna Kendrick Hooked on The Bachelor
- Patrick Stewart Snorts Coke as Out-of-Control News Anchor in New Series Blunt Talk (Video)
- Josh Duhamel Shares Sweet Birthday Message to Fergie
- Zayn Malik says he worries he's let fans down by leaving One Direction
- End of 'Mad Men,' but show's relics find new life at museum
- Taraji P. Henson apologizes for racial profiling allegation
- Gwen Stefani's Dad Gets Temporary Restraining Order to Protect Family From Alleged Stalker
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!