Posts with tag "Facebook"
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 11:10 AM by Zach Dionne
After having a Hollywood version of himself blasted in box office winner 'The Social Network' this weekend, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg lent his likeness -- and his voice -- to 'The Simpsons' on Sunday night. The 26-year-old billionaire encouraged Lisa to quit school if she really wants to succeed, pointing out Bill Gates and Virgin's Richard Branson as other dropout billionaires. Vulture ...
- Posted Sep 15th 2010 at 03:00 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: After taking in an early preview of David Fincher's 'The Social Network,' aka the Facebook movie, several scary thoughts come to mind, including: A) Mark Zuckerberg comes off like an Adderall-fueled sociopath, and B) Justin Timberlake might actually get an Oscar nomination out of this. Without writing a full review or venturing into spoiler territory, here are some highlights everyone s...
- Posted Aug 22nd 2010 at 12:31 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Heard about that little website founded in a Harvard dorm room that soon made status updates, friend requests, and stamping "Like" on comments a daily part of modern life? 'The Accidental Billionaires,' Ben Mezrich's controversial book about the founding of Facebook, has been adapted into an already controversial movie, out this fall: 'The Social Network,' written by Aaron Sorkin, directed by Davi...
- Posted Jul 15th 2010 at 03:51 PM by PopEater Staff
The full trailer for 'The Social Network' (aka "that Facebook movie") has finally hit, following the release of several teasers ("You don't get 500 million friends without making a few enemies,") that kept the Internet abuzz. The film, based on Ben Mezrich's 2009 book 'The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal,' stars Jesse Eisenberg as Faceb...
- Posted Jun 21st 2010 at 12:14 PM by Mike Hess
A few weeks ago, when we started the official Facebook campaign to get Zach Gilford an Emmy nomination for his epic 'Friday Night Lights' performance in 'The Son,' we just figured we'd throw our support behind one of our favorite actors (and shows) and see how people reacted. Well, thousands of fans later, the movement is getting major media play and is only getting stronger. Now, Zach himself ha...
- Posted May 12th 2010 at 03:19 PM by Nicki Gostin
If a little love from a Facebook campaign can land Betty White a gig hosting 'SNL,' then why can't it help Cam and Mitchell -- our favorite couple on TV -- lock lips? That's the idea behind a new Facebook group hoping to influence the producers of ABC's 'Modern Family.' The group -- called 'Let Cam & Mitchell kiss on Modern Family!' -- was launched because Cameron (Eric Stonestreet) and Mit...
- Posted Feb 24th 2010 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Remember early February when that Facebook group popped up in your news feed, idly wondering if a pickle could garner more fans than Nickelback? Well, the pickle has officially won: As of this posting, the pickle boasts1,489,737 fans, just ahead of Nickelback's 1,422,984. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Timberlake to Jessica Biel: 'I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation Yet'
- Jamie Foxx's Joke About Bruce Jenner Falls Flat at iHeartRadio Awards
- From EW: See All the Winners from the iHeartRadio Music Awards!
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Kourtney Kardashian Discovers a Shocking Secret About Scott Disick, Thinks He Is The Shadiest Person—Get the KUWTK Recap!
- Rihanna Performs "Bitch Better Have My Money" for the First Time in the Shortest Black Dress Possible
- Justin Timberlake Thanks ''Best Friend'' Jessica Biel During iHeartRadio Speech: ''I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation''