Posts with tag "GLAAD"
- Posted Jun 14th 2011 at 10:30 PM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Good News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Top News
EXCLUSIVE: Tracy Morgan was genuinely devastated when he learned that he had hurt people with the anti-gay jokes in his comedy routine in Nashville, Russell Simmons tells PopEater. The hip-hop mogul and equal rights activist was one of the first people the comedian opened up to following the fall-out from his offensive standup. Simmons had immediately called Morgan to tell him how upset he was and...
- Posted Apr 11th 2011 at 11:15 AM by John Mitchell
A teary-eyed Kristin Chenoweth accepted the Vanguard Award at Sunday's 22nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles for her work to increase the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community in the media. Last year, Chenoweth, a devout Christian, wrote a lengthy response to a Newsweek article that claimed gay male actors couldn't successfully play straight men, instigating a media debacle...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2011 at 09:10 AM by John Mitchell
At Saturday's 22nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards, the Rev. Al Sharpton presented hip-hop producer, entrepreneur and activist Russell Simmons with the Excellence in Media Award, which is awarded by GLAAD for work done to increase the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community in the media. Simmons has spoken out often on LGBT issues, urging Americans to support full equality. "Martin Luther...
- Posted Mar 21st 2011 at 12:15 PM by John Mitchell
At Saturday night's 22nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards, Ricky Martin accepted the Vito Russo Award, which is presented by GLAAD to an openly gay member of the entertainment community for his or her contributions toward eliminating homophobia, and for the first time publicly thanked his partner, Carlos. After extending his gratitude to GLAAD for supporting him when he was "attacked by someone in the...
- Posted Mar 20th 2011 at 08:21 AM by Christine Fenno
Ricky Martin's interview with Oprah last year -- during which he talked about coming out of the closet to set an example for his twin sons about the importance of telling the truth -- helped earn him two big honors at the 22nd annual GLAAD Media Awards. The prizes were presented in 25 categories by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation on Saturday, during a ceremony in New York City...
- Posted Mar 16th 2011 at 10:50 PM by John Mitchell
On last night's 'Glee,' the New Directions won regionals after hitting the stage with a pair of original songs -- a first for the series -- but that isn't what anyone is talking about this morning. After months of hints and winks, fans of FOX's hit musical finally got what they've been waiting for: The characters of Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) kissed for the first time. And it...
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 10:30 AM by Jo Piazza
'The Kids Are All Right' and 'Easy A,' HBO's bloody vampire drama 'True Blood,' ABC's Emmy-winning comedy 'Modern Family,' Fox's 'Glee' and NBC's '30 Rock' are just a few of the nominees for the 22nd Annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. The awards honor media for outstanding portrayals of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and the issues they...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 12:59 PM by Rob Shuter
EXCLUSIVE: Count one prominent gay rights group as unsurprised by the gooey soft opening for Ron Howard's buddy flick, 'The Dilemma,' over the long weekend. Despite the appeal of having a huge director and major-draw stars like Vince Vaughn and Ron Howard, the film grossed a mere $21.1 million during the four-day period. The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) tells me that...
- Posted Oct 30th 2010 at 08:27 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Universal Pictures addressed the furor over its trailer for 'The Dilemma,' in which Vince Vaughn's character calls an electric car gay, by yanking the clip and editing the remark out of a newly released version. But tweaking the trailer is apparently as far as the studio -- and Ron Howard -- intends to go. The director has penned a lengthy statement to an L.A. Times blogger, philosophizing...
- Posted Oct 8th 2010 at 02:15 PM by PopEater Staff
After pointed criticism from CNN host Anderson Cooper beget a flood of negative headlines, Universal Studios has told the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) that they are pulling a controversial trailer for the film 'The Dilemma' that uses the word "gay" in a derogatory way. GLAAD expressed concerns about the trailer prior to its release to YouTube and theaters, however, the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Iggy Azalea Name-Checks Eminem and T.I. in AMA Acceptance Speech
- Frankie Grande Wears a Painted-On Shirt to the AMAs
- Lisa Bonet Denies Slamming Bill Cosby on Twitter
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Nicki Minaj Admits She Feels "Shy a Lot," Tells Fans She Isn't Done With Music Just Yet
- Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" Performance at the 2014 AMAs Was on Fire! See the Sexy Pics
- Kylie Jenner Wears Grill to AMAs! Plus, Khloè Kardashian Reveals Which Performance She's Most Excited For