Posts with tag "Gabourey Sidibe"
- Posted Sep 16th 2010 at 04:50 PM by The Editors of StyleList
Elle magazine is denying accusations that it digitally lightened the skin of Oscar-nominated actress Gabourey Sidibe, who is appearing on one of the October issue's four celebrity covers. The controversy is the second magazine swirl Sidibe's name has been tied to in 2010. It was back in February that there was an outcry that the actress, at the time reveling in the Oscar buzz around 'Precio...
- Posted Jun 16th 2010 at 11:28 AM by Zach Dionne
Before absolutely owning her 'America's Got Talent' audition last night, Alice Tan Ridley had only a few claims to fame: She's the 58-year-old mother of Oscar-nominated 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe, and she's a dedicated New York City subway performer. "My daughter is a big star, but I'm still pursuing my dream, which is to become a great singer," Ridley said on the show. And sing great sh...
- Posted Jun 16th 2010 at 07:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Oscar-nominated actress Gabourey Sidibe isn't the only talent in the family. Her mother, Alice Tan Ridley, is a well-known subway performer in New York City with a huge, booming singing voice. And Ridley used her vocal chords to wow the judges on 'America's Got Talent.' To a roar of the crowd, Ridley began Etta James' 'At Last,' prompting a big smile from Howie Mendel. "Millions of people...
- Posted May 6th 2010 at 09:08 AM by PopEater Staff
Here at the PopEater lair, we love us a good birthday -- especially when it's one of a star that we heart with all of our, well, hearts. Gabourey Sidibe wowed us with 'Precious' and has been nothing short of classy, elegant and amazing ever since. Whether it's in interviews, on the red carpet, on 'SNL' or wherever, Gabby's radiant smile and attitude is a breath of fresh air in young Hollywood. So...
- Posted May 4th 2010 at 01:54 PM by Gary Susman
After the rags-to-riches success story of Gabourey Sidibe over the last year, can a similar Cinderella moment be far behind for her mother? The 'Precious' star's mom, veteran New York City subway performer Alice Tan Ridley, auditioned recently for 'America's Got Talent.' According to Radar Online, the R&B singer says she thinks she did well and hinted that we're likely to see a lot of her o...
- Posted Apr 23rd 2010 at 04:35 PM by Mike Hess
Don't think 'Precious' starlet Gabourey Sidibe has the comedic chops to pull of 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend? Her pal and fellow actress Zoe Kravitz -- who is starring in 'Beware the Gonzo,' premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival -- says naysayers should prepare to be shocked. PopEater caught up with Zoe to chat about her movie, which "bats**t crazy" actress' career she'd love to emulate an...
- Posted Apr 1st 2010 at 03:12 PM by PopEater Staff
Gabourey Sidibe might not be up for the cover of Vogue, but the 'Precious' Oscar nominee will indeed host 'Saturday Night Live' on April 24. PEOPLE confirmed the speculation that had been spreading across the Web, as Sidibe's rep broke the news to the magazine. We know she can do drama, but can Gabby do comedy? We'll find out in late April, but in the meantime, watch the 'Precious' trailer and vot...
- Posted Mar 25th 2010 at 03:05 PM by Jo Piazza
Pop-Ed: Let me preface this (and try to deflect at least a couple of the impending angry commenters) by saying that I think Gabby Sidibe is a wondefully gifted actress and an adorable girl. That said, I agree that she should not be on the cover of the fashion bible, Vogue magazine. My Naughty and Nice colleague Rob Shuter proffered a challenge to Vogue editors earlier today, saying, "If Vogue...
- Posted Mar 25th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
Even with all of the fame and Oscar buzz 'Precious' got this past year, that's still not enough to land star Gabourey Sidibe on the pages of Vogue magazine. According to my sources, Miss Sidibe's weight is what's keeping her out of Anna Wintour's publication, where being rail-thin is a necessity. Shocking quotes, plus scoop on some infamous music wardrobe and a 'Top Chef' tattoo ... after the jump...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2010 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Famed workout expert Susan Powter took to YouTube to warn Gabourey Sidibe about her weight, in a rant that expressed her concern for the actress. "Let me tell you something, Gabby, because Gabby's the only one who matters here, your weight is going to affect everything in your life -- from every breath you take, because a human body carrying that much fat is under the burden," she explains in...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson's New Album Piece By Piece Will Be Released in March
- Keira Knightley on Her Unique Name: 'My Mum's Crap at Spelling'
- Deborah Voigt Confronts the Little Black Dress She Couldn't Fit into
- Lawyers: Melissa Rivers files malpractice lawsuit in mother Joan's death
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Some New Yorkers Are Looking for Warmth From the Big Blizzard on Craigslist's Personal Ads
- Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell Is the Definition of Class After Miss Universe Loss: "It Went Exactly How It Should"
- Greece Elects a New Prime Minister and Syriza Leader Alexis Tsipras Thanks...Hugh Laurie, of Course!