Posts with tag "GaboureySidibe"
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 11:18 AM by Linda Leseman
It's no secret that Gabourey Sidibe gave a heart-wrenching performance of a lifetime in 'Precious.' It's also no secret that her weight could limit the number of roles she's offered in the future. This raises an important question: Do we champion Sidibe's acting career despite the fact that she's a plus-sized woman, because of that fact or regardless of it? That Hollywood adores stick thin...
- Posted Mar 13th 2010 at 03:01 AM by Caitlin McCormack
- Filed under:
- Quips & Quotes
In this day of celebrity entourages and PR protection, it's rare for a star to make a false statement. But Hollywood is nowhere near perfect, and every so often its peeps will make an off-colour comment or reveal more than they intended to. We keep you informed of the most noteworthy Tinseltown talk with our weekly installment of celebrity Quips & Quotes. This week: Howard Stern says...
- Posted Feb 24th 2010 at 03:36 PM by Megan Rumph
Every year, there's one Oscar newcomer who designers would kill to get their dresses on. Jennifer Hudson had the spotlight in 2007 when Vogue editor-at-large Andre Leon Talley took her under his wing. French actress Marion Cotillard was the one to watch in 2008 after her breakthrough performance in 'La Vie en Rose.' And everyone was eager to see what Freida Pinto would be wearing on the red...
- Posted Feb 9th 2010 at 10:19 AM by PopEater Staff
Although Gabourey Sidibe recently earned an Academy Award nomination for her performance in last year's 'Precious,' her mother is still singing underground in New York City subway stations to make money. Alice Tan Ridley shows up at least three times a week to sing her heart out and wow commuters with her R&B act. "My name is not on Gabby's paycheck," Ridley told The NY Post. "For a while,...
- Posted Nov 27th 2009 at 10:23 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
Oscar buzz may be swarming around 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe, but the new-found star is boycotting the internet after finding hurtful comments about her size online. The actress was plucked from obscurity to star as troubled teen Precious in the highly-acclaimed movie, which follows an overweight pregnant teen girl trying to make it in Harlem....
- Posted Nov 16th 2009 at 11:11 AM by Amber James
'Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire' is the movie everyone was talking about this weekend. After wowing the festival circuit earlier this year -- receiving a standing ovation at Cannes and being the first film ever to win the Audience awards at both Sundance and Toronto -- PopEater wondered if the film would live up to its Oscar buzz. We decided to asked our Facebook and Twitter fans...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2009 at 06:00 AM by Bryan Alexander
When Oprah Winfrey led a parade of A-listers on the red carpet at the Toronto Film Festival recently, comparisons to the Beatles on 'Ed Sullivan' quickly came to mind. The reaction from onlookers was rapturous. There to promote 'Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire,' Winfrey appeared genuinely touched by the rabid Canadian reception, clutching her hand to her heart in thanks. But the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jeff Daniels on Working with Jim Carrey, Returning to Dumb and Dumber
- Britney Spears Addresses Cheating Rumors During Las Vegas Show
- See How Stars Spent Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 11 Times Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Ruined Our Childhood
- Newly Single Britney Spears Ready for a "Hot Guy," Supports Jamie Lynn Spears at Los Angeles County Fair
- Morgan Stewart and Brendan Fitzpatrick Face Major Baby Drama—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Recap!