Posts with tag "Gilbert Gottfried"
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 09:30 AM by Nicki Gostin
Gilbert Gottfried is a comedian who people either love or hate. Recently fired from his job as the voice of the Aflac duck because of jokes he tweeted about the tsunami in Japan, the abrasively voiced comic shows no signs of mellowing. In his new memoir, 'Rubber Balls and Liquor,' he writes sparingly about his personal life but includes lots of behind-the-scenes stories of how he became a stand-up...
- Posted Apr 29th 2011 at 10:01 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
Gilbert Gottfried found himself in the news recently, but for all the wrong reasons, starting with too-soon jokes about the Japan tsunami that led Aflac to replace him as their mouthy duck. Despite losing a lucrative and stable gig, Gilbert tells me on my HDNet show that he's not letting this mishap get to him. "I was the headline on every news station, like 'Gilbert said something off color,'"...
- Posted Mar 29th 2011 at 06:40 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
When is it OK to turn tragedy into comedic fodder? Well, for Gilbert Gottfried, it's never "too soon." Gottfried proved that he wasn't only fixated on making sufferings of the past funny when he tweeted a slew of inappropriate jokes in the immediate aftermath of the epic earthquake that left Japan devastated earlier this month. But from the sinking of the Titanic to Lincoln's assassination...
- Posted Mar 28th 2011 at 10:15 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
Since Gilbert Gottfried was fired from his gig as the voice of the Aflac Duck, the insurance company is looking for a new golden goose. Gottfried was dismissed from the company after tweeting inappropriate jokes in the aftermath of Japan's tragic earthquake. By the time he later removed the tweets and replaced them with an apology, Aflac had already cut ties with their famous feathered funny...
- Posted Mar 15th 2011 at 04:00 PM by Elizabeth Yun
While Japan is still reeling from the tragic aftermath of one of the most powerful earthquakes in recorded history, comedian Gilbert Gottfried took time to crack jokes about the tragedy on Twitter. During the weekend, he tweeted a stream of questionable jokes, including, "I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, 'They'll be another one floating by any minute now,'" and...
- Posted Mar 14th 2011 at 10:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After tweeting a string of insensitive jokes about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, comedian Gilbert Gottfried lost his gig as the voice of Aflac's duck mascot, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "Gilbert's recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac," Aflac Senior Vice President and Chief...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hilary Duff: My Split from Mike Comrie Has Been 'Very Difficult'
- This Ice Cream Changes Color When You Lick It
- Chris Pratt Improvised a Parks and Rec Scene by Going Naked - and Scaring Amy Poehler
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!