Posts with tag "Inception"
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 01:45 PM by Moviefone Editors
He has directed some of the most critically acclaimed, visually arresting movies of our time and has been celebrated by his colleagues, but this morning Christopher Nolan's name was a notable snub on the list of Best Director Oscar nominees. Nolan -- a three-time Directors Guild of America nominee for 'Memento,' 'The Dark Knight' and 'Inception' -- has yet to be recognized in the director...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 08:00 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Yes, they are all masterpieces of the reel. But that doesn't mean 2011's Golden Globe nominated flicks didn't come without their fair share of 'are you kidding me?' moments. Check out the spoofs that exploited these serious silver screen sensations for our entertainment gain. Without these videos that take the edge off, we might very well explode with the thought of a bank robbing, red-eyed...
- Posted Jan 6th 2011 at 06:00 PM by Jett Wells
Christopher Nolan's 'Inception' seems likely to score a Best Picture Oscar nomination this year, but his trailer for the film alone created a YouTube movement in 2010. It all began with a single musical note: "BAHHHNN!" Copycat mashup trailers caught fire over the summer, and there's still no end in sight. This trend sees at least two new 'Inception' mashup trailers surface weekly, including...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2010 at 01:57 PM by Christine Fenno
"Put your elbow up tight. Take a step with the right. Tilt your head to the side. Smile real, real wide." Leo Strut! 'Inception' may have been Leonardo DiCaprio's crowning achievement of the summer, but a candid photo of the grinning actor snapped on the set of that movie is the real must-see of autumn. In the original photograph, Leo's doing nothing more extraordinary than...
- Posted Aug 11th 2010 at 03:47 PM by Maggie Coughlan
The revival of Joseph Gordon-Levitt is upon us. We dreamed of dating him in '500 Days of Summer,' he astonished us in 'Inception' and we're already swooning over his general bad-assery in the upcoming 'Hesher.' Now, we're about to blow your mind -- except this time there's no kick. Let us introduce you to "Burning Dan" -- sometimes known as Dan Gordon-Levitt, Joseph's older brother -- a...
- Posted Aug 1st 2010 at 05:59 PM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Guess people really do need to see it again after all. 'Inception' triumphed at the box office for a third weekend in a row -- only the third movie this year to do that after 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Shrek Forever After.' It won despite the addition this week of three new wide-release movies, one of which ('Dinner for Schmucks') did very well, opening strongly in second place, as the other two...
- Posted Jul 29th 2010 at 05:15 PM by Steven Avalos
On top of its box office success, it's safe to say 'Inception' wins the most-buzzed-about-movie prize of the summer season. With its high concept premise, dizzying maze of plot twists and mind-bending, street-shifting special effects, the film is ripe for parody. Having a spoof is the new litmus test in cultural relevancy -- if you haven't gotten any, you're not important -- and 'Inception' is...
- Posted Jul 29th 2010 at 06:59 AM by PopEater Staff
British magazine NOW somehow had the foresight to ask 'Inception' star Tom Hardy -- you know, that hunk everyone's been talking about, the one that's not Joseph Gordon-Levitt? -- if he'd ever engaged in sexual activities with men. The response was gold: "As a boy? Of course I have. I'm an actor for f***'s sake." Hardy, 32, is engaged to British actress Charlotte Riley and has a 2-year-old son...
- Posted Jul 28th 2010 at 11:26 AM by Moviefone Editors
'Inception' and 'Toy Story 3' don't have much in common (beyond being the summer's two best blockbusters), but that didn't stop some Internet geniuses from finding the common thread and spinning it into YouTube gold. That's right -- ScreenRant married the two films into one hilariously fitting trailer. 'Toy Story 3: Inception' imagines the usually flamboyant Ken doll as the brooding...
- Posted Jul 23rd 2010 at 05:15 PM by Jo Piazza
Entertainment Weekly's movie critic, Owen Gleiberman, lamented in his column that he feels like he is the only one who just "doesn't get" this week's No. 1 box office smash, the sci-fi action thriller 'Inception.' It's just not true, Owen. You're not alone in being dazzled by Christopher Nolan's special effects, plot filled with trickery and Marion Cotillard's soporific French accent, but still...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Princes William and Harry Set to Receive Princess Diana's 1981 Wedding Dress
- Jimi Jamison, Lead Singer of '80s Hitmakers Survivor, Dead at 63
- Funny Video: Let's Marvel at This Squirrel Stealing Food from a Bird Feeder
- First photos from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wedding
- CeeLo Green shocks with controversial rape tweet following drug charge
- Jimi Jamison: Lead singer of Survivor dead at 63
- Chris Harrison blogs ?Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6
- Gene Simmons talks about that time he won a Twist contest
- EW's ?Walking Dead' cover photographer reveals how to kill a zombie
- Best Housewife Ever Is Down to the Final 4: Vote for Your Favorite Bravo Lady Now!
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Get Bloody for Maroon 5's "Animals" Video as Band Reveals Tour Dates
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter After Reportedly Posting Controversial Rape Comments