Posts with tag "Ja Rule"
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 10:25 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
Ja Rule will turn himself in today to begin a two-year prison sentence for his guilty plea for possession of a loaded gun four years ago. The rapper, born Jeffrey Atkins, will most likely be taken to an upstate New York facility where he hopes to put his time behind bars to good use -- completing his GED, writing a book and learning to play the guitar, according to the AP. "Laws are laws," Ja...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2011 at 08:20 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Ja Rule pled guilty to tax evasion on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. The rapper failed to pay taxes on more than $3 million in income he earned between 2004 and 2006. He faces up to three years in prison. Ja Rule, born Jeffrey Atkins, earned the money while living in Saddle River, an upscale community in New Jersey with his wife and children. He earned as much as $1.59 million in 2005...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 07:24 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Ja Rule agreed Monday to go to prison for two years in a gun case, becoming the second platinum-selling rapper set to do time after arrests in the aftermath of a star-studded hip-hop concert in July 2007. The rapper-actor -- whose gravelly voice, thuggish tough talk and duets with R&B divas made him one of rap's stars in the early 2000s -- pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of...
Popeater Hot Topics
- What We're Reading This Weekend: Celebrity Nonfiction
- Rachel Bilson's Boho-Chic Bump Style
- Aubrey Plaza to Voice Grumpy Cat in Lifetime's Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- Ashley Tisdale's Honeymoon Location Revealed, Thanks to This Photo of Her in a Bikini Doing a Headstand on the Beach
- Pregnant Jill Duggar Got Married 90 Days Ago, But Is 93 Days Along: Here's Why That Doesn't Mean She Had Premarital Sex
- Melissa Rivers Reveals That Barack Obama Sent Condolences After Joan Rivers' Passing—See Her Emotional First Public Appearance