Posts with tag "Jack Black"
- Posted May 26th 2011 at 05:15 AM by AOL TV Editors
Throughout his time on 'American Idol' this season, Casey Abrams was always memorable and always a little ... unique. With his quirky sense of humor and no-holds-barred attitude on stage, there was really only one performer that could match him in personality and stage presence. A lot of people don't realize that Jack Black first came into the public eye as one half of musical duo Tenacious...
- Posted May 20th 2011 at 07:46 AM by AOL TV Editors
It was confession time on 'The Tonight Show' for Jack Black. The voice of 'Kung Fu Panda' had a promotional opportunity to hold a baby panda bear, but things didn't go as planned. "I've heard stories that if you hold a baby panda in your arms that you achieve inner peace," he said. "So I was pretty psyched about it." Unfortunately, the veterinarian that was there to help with this seemed...
- Posted Dec 22nd 2010 at 01:00 PM by Sarah Crow
Jack Black is full of the Christmas spirit and he's not keeping it to himself anymore. The 'Gulliver's Travels' star has been on a mission to spread good tidings as of late, performing rousing renditions of holiday classics with his famous friends. Black dropped by 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,' where he and the host performed a Blue Man Group-inspired version of 'Little Drummer Boy/Peace...
- Posted Dec 12th 2010 at 01:48 PM by Christine Fenno
Professional actors and wannabe rock legends Jack Black and Jason Segel were filming 'Gulliver's Travels' (opening Dec. 22) when they were apparently overcome with Christmas spirit and decided to go into the recording studio. It's no glossy 'Glee' duet, but the pair bring gritty gusto to their harmonious cover of Bing Crosby and David Bowie's 1977 single 'Peace on Earth / Little Drummer Boy.'...
- Posted Nov 3rd 2010 at 12:15 PM by Moviefone Editors
Funnyman Jack Black is literally taking on the biggest role of his career in the upcoming 3D film adaptation of 'Gulliver's Travels.' Black plays a magazine mailroom clerk who talks his way into writing a piece on the Bermuda Triangle. Upon arriving, he gets sucked into a secret world -- called Lilliput -- where he's much bigger than the native inhabitants. As the titular character, Black...
- Posted Nov 27th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
If you don't have very young children, there's a chance that the Nickelodeon show 'Yo Gabba Gabba!' isn't on your radar. The series features four brightly-colored monsters learning lessons about nutrition, hygiene and sharing - from each other and their good buddy Lance Rock, a live-action role played by a Los Angeles DJ in orange spandex and a wacky hat. So why are more and more adults jumping...
- Posted Oct 30th 2009 at 05:28 PM by Scott Harris
Once again it's Halloween, and for most Americans that means two things sure to make you sick: candy and horror movies. They may not be good for you, but people just can't seem to get enough of either, which may help explain why so many of our most popular stars got their start in horror movies. Some of the best horror movies ever made have been low-budget flicks churned out to meet the...
- Posted Oct 13th 2009 at 11:40 AM by Tom Ganjamie
With the news that Marlon Wayons will be playing comic great Richard Pryor in an upcoming biopic, we at PopEater starting thinking about what other actors should be cast as some of America's comic legends. Here are ten funny people and their young Hollywood counterparts. ...
- Posted Sep 24th 2009 at 11:59 PM by Mike Hess
Seventy years ago this week, the film world changed forever with the release of 'The Wizard of Oz.' The classic film still stands the test of time despite its 1939 release, but since remakes are all the rage these days, it got us thinking about who would be great in different 'Oz' roles. So, we're leaving it up to you to pick who should be cast for each prominent role in the film. After the jump,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- International Space Station Receives Important Easter Morning Delivery
- How to Help Families of Victims in the California Bus Crash
- Mariah Carey Shares Super Sweet Easter Photo
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- Neil Patrick Harris Curses at Fan During Hedwig and the Angry Inch Broadway Performance
- Easter Celebrations: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and More!
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Arrive in Los Angeles After Trip to Louisiana—See the Actress' Baby Bump!