Posts with tag "Jack White"
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 12:39 PM by Elizabeth Yun
In sad news, Jack White, frontman of the now defunct White Stripes and the mastermind behind The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather, is splitting up with his wife Karen Elson. White met the British model/singer when she appeared in the music video for the White Stripes single 'Blue Orchid.' The pair married in June 2005 in Brazil and went on to have two children, Scarlett Teresa and Henry Lee. In...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 02:00 AM by Spinner Editors
Former White Stripes mastermind Jack White played a surprise two-song set at the launch of his Third Man Rolling Record Store at SXSW in Austin yesterday. Setting up in the corner of a parking lot, White and his Third Man crew -- including former Soledad Brothers drummer Ben 'Swank' Smith -- declared the opening of their roving record store (it's a big yellow truck) by setting up a microphone...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2011 at 01:48 PM by Spinner Editors
The White Stripes anounced their split today. Our friends at Spinner write that the duo of Jack and Meg White -- who released six studio albums, the last of which was 2007's 'Icky Thump' -- announced the breakup via a statement on their website. "The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in...
- Posted Aug 21st 2010 at 10:05 AM by Christine Fenno
With the 'Tonight Show' debacle now a distant memory and a new TBS late-night show on the horizon, Conan O'Brien seems to have embraced his wonderfully weirder-than-ever persona as a rockabilly raconteur. Along for the ride is Jack White, whose indie record label Third Man has announced the release of 'And They Call Me Mad?' -- Conan O'Brien's "recently recorded, spoken-word, improvised narrative...
Popeater Hot Topics
- DWTS: Alfonso Ribeiro Has Strong Start on the 19th Season Premiere
- Spoiler Alert! First Interview with MasterChef's New Winner
- WATCH: Honey Bee the Blind Cat Is an Expert Hiker
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- August Alsina Collapses Off Stage During New York Concert—See the Scary Clip
- Ranking the Awkwardness on the Dancing with the Stars Premiere: What Made Us Cringe the Most?
- Sarah Palin Goes Makeup-Free—and Kinda, Sorta Gives the Finger—After Family Is Involved in Drunken Fight