Posts with tag "Jeff Bridges"
- Posted Jun 3rd 2011 at 07:10 PM by The Boot Editors
"Music, for me, is like a weed that just keeps bringing up no matter how thick the concrete is. It just makes its way toward the light. I've been doing music since I was a young teen, and man I'm really digging the way the weed has popped through this concrete." -- Jeff Bridges That "weed" sprouted particularly tall when Jeff Bridges won an Academy Award for his portrayal of fallen country star...
- Posted Jan 21st 2011 at 04:16 PM by John Clarke Jr.
Need some Jeff Bridges? There's an app for that. Apple recently rolled out a new iPad app that's sure to please any fan of cinema's coolest cat by offering background information on his latest smash, 'True Grit,' including tons of facts about the film's setting and design, stunts, costumes and celebrated author Charles Portis. "I worked with Mary on 'The Big Lebowski' and sure admired the...
- Posted Dec 5th 2010 at 11:11 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Jeff Bridges, Olivia Wilde and many more are zipping over to Leicester Square in London today to appear at the British premiere of 'Tron: Legacy.' And PopEater is thrilled to host a live feed from the blue carpet, courtesy of Livestream. Oscar winner Bridges, 61, -- star of 1982's 'Tron' -- takes a dual role now, playing the movie's antogonist, CLU 2, a character digitally composed of old...
- Posted Nov 16th 2010 at 09:18 AM by Zach Dionne
That time of year is upon us -- GQ's Men of the Year time. Leading the esteemed pack of gentlemen are: ► Jeff Bridges, 60, who won his first Oscar this year and went on to sit for the best photograph of his career (pictured at right). ► Stephen Colbert, 46, the still-hilarious Comedy Central host who led the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear along with Jon Stewart in October. ►...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 01:33 PM by Mike Ryan
In 'Crazy Heart' (opening Dec. 16 in New York and Los Angeles), Maggie Gyllenhaal stars as Jean Craddock, a small town journalist assigned to interview the washed-up, grizzled, former country music star Bad Blake (Jeff Bridges). He's a man who lost his place in the spotlight and is now regulated to performing in bowling alleys or drinking whiskey in his motel room -- or, really, drinking whiskey...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Widower Keeps Late Wife's Memory Alive by Dining with Her Photo
- Ashlee Simpson Has Switched Up Her Do: See the New Cut!
- Alison Sweeney Says Goodbye to Days of Our Lives
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- Julianne Hough Gets Emotional While Delivering a Special Message to Her Older Sister—Watch the Sweet Clip!
- Why Scandal, The Vampire Diaries, and How to Get Away with Murder Blew. Us. Away. Our Rants and Raves
- These Are Chelsea Handler's Naked Boobs on a Horse...