Posts with tag "Jeff Conaway"
- Posted May 31st 2011 at 03:13 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
In order to lay to rest not only the beloved Jeff Conaway but also rumors that "foul play" had any presence in the 'Taxi' star's death, his family has insisted on an autopsy. Conaway's history of substance dependency had many assuming the 60-year-old actor's death was the result of an overdose. "Jeff's sisters, Michelle and Carla wanted to have the autopsy done to rule out any foul play involvi...
- Posted May 28th 2011 at 11:52 AM by Christine Fenno
Following the death on Friday of actor Jeff Conaway, TV veteran Marilu Henner is remembering the close bond she shared with her former co-star. "He was such a sweetheart," the actress, 59, told People.com. "I've known him since Nov. 28, 1972!" The late actor, who was 60 when he died this week, first worked with Henner when both were hired as replacement cast members in the original Broadway ...
- Posted May 27th 2011 at 05:50 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Jeff Conaway's role as Kenickie in the generation defying 'Grease' has everyone from John Travolta to Miley Cyrus offering their memories of the vibrant star and condolences to his family. Travolta, who was Conaway's right hand man and fellow T-Bird in the epic musical, told E! News, "Jeff Conaway was a wonderful and decent man, and we will miss him. My heartfelt thoughts are with his family an...
- Posted May 27th 2011 at 02:25 PM by PopEater Staff
'Grease' actor Jeff Conaway died Friday at age 60, RadarOnline.com reports and The Hollywood Reporter confirms. The news comes just a day after reports that the star would be taken off life support. Radar calls it "the end a long, sad road of addiction that made him one of Hollywood's cautionary tales." Conaway, known for his roles as Bobby Wheeler on 'Taxi' and T-Bird Kenickie in 'Grease,' was...
- Posted May 26th 2011 at 03:50 PM by PopEater Staff
Jeff Conaway will be taken off life support machines after doctors told the 'Grease' actor's family that he has had no brain activity since being admitted to a hospital May 11. "The feeding tube has already been removed. The ventilator which is breathing for Jeff, will be removed sometime this afternoon," a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com. The source said no measures will be ...
- Posted May 22nd 2011 at 10:20 AM by Christine Fenno
Jeff Conaway, 'Taxi' star and onetime 'Celebrity Rehab' patient on Dr. Drew Pinsky's reality series, has been visited in the hospital by his former sobriety coach. As the troubled 60-year-old actor fights to survive, Pinsky denied that Conaway's substance abuse was behind reports of a coma. On Friday, the doctor tweeted: "Just visited Jeff Conaway. He is stable & looks like he will recov...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 10:20 PM by PopEater Staff
'Grease' actor Jeff Conaway, whose shambolic life was made painfully public during a 2008 stint on 'Celebrity Rehab,' has slipped into a coma and is in critical condition following a drug overdose last week. The former 'Taxi' star's manager, Phil Brock, says the 60 year old was found unconscious on May 11 after possibly OD'ing on pain pills. Brock would not disclose what hospital Conaway is adm...
- Posted Jan 19th 2010 at 06:39 AM by PopEater Staff
'Grease' actor Jeff Conaway, who was last seen trying to get sober in 'Celebrity Rehab,' was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital on Monday with serious injuries after falling down a staircase at his home. Conaway's girlfriend, Vikki Lizzi, told TMZ that the troubled actor suffered a brain hemorrhage, a broken hip and arm and fractured his neck in the fall. He remains in an undisclosed hospita...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Giant, Inflatable Minion Blows into Busy Road, Snarls Traffic in Ireland
- FROM EW: The Walking Dead Star Andrew Lincoln on an 'Astonishing' Season 6
- Man Accused of Killing Memphis Cop Turns Himself In
- Musicians Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale file for divorce
- Reba McEntire, Narvel Blackstock announce separation
- Bobbi Kristina Brown death photo sold as family attends funeral
- Jessie James Decker Surprises Eric Decker at Football Camp, Shows Off Baby Bump 34 Weeks Into Pregnancy
- First Blake Shelton, Now Gwen Stefani: Is There a Curse on The Voice at Play?!
- A Brief History of Hair Coloring and Dye Trends—From Coal Tar to Unicorn Tresses