Posts with tag "John Edwards"
- Posted Jan 9th 2011 at 04:00 AM by Rebecca Macatee
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples
Only weeks after his estranged wife's death, rumors flourished that John Edwards was engaged to the woman for which he left her. But according to John's mistress Rielle Hunter's attorney, there's no truth to any tales of a proposal. Elizabeth Edwards, who was married to John for thirty years, died on December 7th, 2010, after a six-year battle with cancer. John admitted to his extramarital...
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 11:24 AM by Zach Dionne
According to the National Enquirer, John Edwards proposed to mistress Rielle Hunter three weeks after wife Elizabeth Edwards died of cancer. The Enquirer isn't always a bastion of credibility, but its track record with Edwards is notable. The tabloid broke accurate news of the then-presidential candidate's affair in 2007 and eventually picked up steam for a potential Pulitzer Prize win. The...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 07:13 PM by Rob Shuter
Following Elizabeth Edwards' funeral over the weekend, her estranged husband, John Edwards, is quietly devising a plan on how to prudently return to public life. "John is a political animal, there can be no doubt about that," a former friend of the politician tells me. "He knows that he self-destructed [with the cheating scandal] but believes that with the right plan, and the power of time,...
- Posted Dec 11th 2010 at 01:35 PM by Christine Fenno
Loved ones, including disgraced politician and estranged husband John Edwards, gathered in North Carolina today to say good-bye to Elizabeth Edwards, 61, who lost her battle with breast cancer earlier this week. In the days leading up to what People.com calls "an emotional service" at a Methodist church in Raleigh, more than a hundred former Edwards campaign staffers reportedly flocked to N.C....
- Posted Dec 10th 2010 at 08:15 AM by Rob Shuter
A public funeral service for Elizabeth Edwards has been scheduled for Saturday in Raleigh, North Carolina, and will include eulogies from her oldest daughter, Cate, and two close friends. As you'd expect, gathered mourners won't be hearing a eulogy from her estranged husband John Edwards, but that doesn't mean he won't be there. "Elizabeth would want it this way. She hated what John did but...
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 11:34 AM by PopEater Staff
Alaskans hate Levi Johnston more than any politician -- aspiring and elected alike -- anywhere in the United States. Ouch. According to a new survey conducted by Public Policy Polling, Johnston beat out former presidential hopeful John Edwards' previous record for most hated politician in any given state, earning a 72 percent unfavorable rating versus a 6 percent positive rating. In a January...
- Posted Apr 8th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Sex That's SFW -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza -
- Sandra Bullock
Most men have to pay to play when they're trying to impress the ladies. You would think the amount they spend would increase accordingly if they're rich and famous. You would think it would go up even more so if they come with a lot of baggage...and if that baggage comes in the form of a wife. With the current epidemic of high profile cheaters, we now have the ability to examine the spending...
- Posted Feb 14th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
If the John Edwards' affair scandal isn't a ready-made television movie, then we just don't know what is. Politics, sex tapes, bribery, a love child denied! All the key elements are there. A suave Southern Senator (with unflappable hair) and his loving wife (who also happens to have cancer) decide to take the big leap into national politics and run for president. On the campaign trail, he is...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 12:33 PM by Sam Brand
Few, if any, politicians have risen so high and fallen so low. John Edwards was Senator of North Carolina for six years and John Kerry's running mate in 2004. His name was smeared and his career was smashed in 2008 when he admitted to have lied about keeping faithful to his cancer-stricken wife. Today, as an investigation continues into whether Edwards used campaign funds to hide mistress Rielle...
Popeater Hot Topics
- No Tricks, Just Treats: Hot Hunks of Horror
- Joe Nichols: I'll Do 'Anything' to Make My Family Happy
- Washington School Shooter Was a Popular Football Player
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine