Posts with tag "JohnLennon"
- Posted Dec 29th 2009 at 11:57 AM by Nana-Adwoa Ofori
A "brain freeze" can happen to anyone and even celebrities are prone to it - accidentally dropping the ball in the middle of their most popular song with millions of viewers watching and critiquing. Even though musicians practice to perfect their performance, sometimes stuff happens. Even just missing one word during a concert can send an otherwise seasoned artist off the edge muttering to...
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 10:39 AM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "John Daly Weight Loss" "Bryant Gumbel Cancer," "Tiger Woods Ambulence," and "John Lennon" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today......
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 01:02 PM by Shelley White
It's clear that clever CGI techs can make anybody do pretty much anything on film. Though that could be seen as a good thing -- the ultimate hot-guy flick starring James Dean, a young Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp perhaps? -- it has also ended up producing some of the most crass advertisements in recent memory. The ethics are murky. It seems okay to reproduce a famous dead person for artistic...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 04:10 PM by Michael D. Ayers
It's no secret that everyone loves the music in 'Glee' -- and 'Glee, The Music, Volume 1' has been quite a popular fall release. And how could it not be? It runs the gamut from the Supremes' 'You Keep Me Hangin' On' and Young MC's eternal club hit 'Bust a Move' to REO Speedwagon's 'Can't Fight This Feeling.' But what's made the soundtrack even more successful -- besides the way that the music...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 10:50 AM by Melissa Daniels
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Music News -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- Celebrity Scandal -
A few years ago, young children listening to Michael Jackson tunes might have been something their parents would warn them about. Given the accusations that arose about his relationships with children in the 90s, some parents might not want the iconic pop star to be one of their kid's favorites. But as Jackson's death has shown us this year, the final farewell is a transformational step in...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 09:46 PM by Tricia Romano
Dead music stars still have major drawing power. Michael Jackson's posthumous documentary and CD 'This Is It' is released this week, and if history is any guide, his estate stands to make a lot of money. Since his death in June, 9 million Jackson albums have been sold -- which means he's already beaten John Lennon and Elvis Presley in his fourth act. Actors like Marilyn Monroe and Heath...
- Posted Oct 23rd 2009 at 12:40 PM by Dino Sossi
Fame can be a b---h. One moment, as John Lennon once said, you're "more popular than Jesus." The next, no one is returning your calls. The transition from obscurity to popularity to invisibility can happen faster than a New York minute. And one place where that phenomenon has happened more often than most is at 'Saturday Night Live.' Some people quickly become big stars and then fizzle after they...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hot New Couple Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Step Out Together
- Kendra Wilkinson's Reality Show Will Capture Marital Problems with Hank Baskett: Source
- President Obama Gives Afghanistan War Hero the Medal of Honor
- Ted Nugent concert canceled at Native American casino
- J.J. Abrams reveals X-Wing in ?Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Jessica Simpson talks babies: Will she have another one?
- ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All': ?I had no idea you guys were kissing her so fast!'
- A serious attempt to understand Blake Lively's Goop-like website
- Dwayne Johnson maybe just revealed that he's playing a ?Justice League' superhero