Posts with tag "Johnny Depp"
- Posted Jun 28th 2011 at 02:15 AM by Spinner Editors
Johnny Depp helped Alice Cooper bring his UK tour to a close in style by joining the shock-rock veteran on stage in London on Sunday night, June 26. While thousands gathered at Glastonbury, Cooper took to the stage at the capital's intimate 100 Club, but it was to be no ordinary gig. Before the show, Cooper posted a photo on Facebook of Depp backstage, guitar in hand, along with the caption,...
- Posted May 14th 2011 at 10:10 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Saturday at the Cannes Film Festival in the South of France, Johnny Depp joined Penelope Cruz to talk up the premiere of his 3-D sequel 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,' the fourth in the smash hit Disney series. Depp, 47, said his Captain Jack character is back by popular demand, and he's happy to oblige. "If the people get tired of it or something, that's when it stops, I...
- Posted Apr 26th 2011 at 06:53 AM by Kelly Fisher
It looks like Johnny Depp will return to his old stomping ground. The actor will reportedly film a small cameo for the big-screen reboot of '21 Jump Street.' A source revealed to EW.com that it's likely Depp will stop by for an uncredited cameo in movie, but no other details have been released. Depp starred in the '80s crime-fighting TV show, in which young-looking undercover cops helped...
- Posted Mar 27th 2011 at 02:49 PM by Christine Fenno
Johnny Depp reportedly thinks life's too short to hold a grudge. The A-lister was targeted when Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais made fun of Depp's caper 'The Tourist' (co-starring Angelina Jolie) at the 2011 Globes ceremony in January. Yet despite some in Hollywood blasting Gervais' mean wisecracks, Reuters reports that Depp, 47, actually prefers to get in on the joke and work with the British...
- Posted Mar 25th 2011 at 01:30 PM by AOL TV Editors
Did you know Johnny Depp owns a fart machine? We did not -- though apparently he's had it for at least a decade, and Penelope Cruz assumed everyone knew about it. She discovered it while working with Depp on 'Blow' in 2001. "I was doing a very dramatic close-up," Cruz recalled on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live.' Using a remote control, "he kept making that sound with the machine ... I was just thinking...
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 04:02 PM by Moviefone Editors
Johnny Depp's 'Rango' hit theaters last weekend, and according to USA Today, the animated PG western is causing a stir among anti-smoking advocates who deem the number of times characters light up unacceptable. "A lot of kids are going to start smoking because of this movie," said Stanton Glantz, director of the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education at the University of California,...
- Posted Feb 6th 2011 at 10:34 PM by Moviefone Editors
What will a 'Pirates' movie without Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom look like? Is Captain Jack (the inestimable Johnny Depp) still crazy after all these years? We got some answers with the 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' trailer, which aired during the third quarter of Super Bowl XLV. Captain Jack's new adventure flings him together with "mermaids, zombies [and] Blackbeard,"...
- Posted Jan 16th 2011 at 01:07 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
'Get Him the Greek' star Jonah Hill wants Johnny Depp to get back to his roots. Depp rocketed to fame in the late-'80s on '21 Jump Street,' one of the original series to air on Fox during the years when the network was just starting out. Now that Hill has written a new take on the hit show about cops working undercover in a high school, he's been issuing a 'Depp Wanted' casting call to bring...
- Posted Jan 6th 2011 at 10:00 PM by PopEater Staff
The People's Choice Awards have been good to Johnny Depp. The versatile actor has taken home five awards for Favorite Male Movie Star in 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005, as well as the title of Favorite Male Actor of the Decade in 2010. That's a lot of love thrown at Depp and a big challenge to shake up his acceptance speeches year after year. So just how does he thank the same base of...
- Posted Jan 6th 2011 at 01:55 AM by Moviefone Editors
At the 2011 People's Choice Awards presented last night, the award for Favorite Movie went to 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse,' which also won the award for Favorite Drama Movie. Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner were all in attendance to accept the award in person, to cheers from the rapturous audience. 'Eclipse' has also been shortlisted for the 2011 Razzies in the Worst...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll