Posts with tag "Julie Taymor"
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 03:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Julie Taymor's $65 million Broadway mega-production 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has hit (a lot of) snags. And now, producers are telling the crew that she has "stepped down" even though she's still in negotiations about her contractual terms. "Taymor is out. She's left the building," the source told The Daily News. The show's opening night, March 15, is reportedly being delayed -- for the...
- Posted Mar 2nd 2011 at 05:45 PM by PopEater Staff
When you're a Tony-winning Broadway director, it would appear even your comments on a comic book musical are in highbrow-speak. Julie Taymor, the director of the disaster-prone 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,' broke her silence on Wednesday, telling an audience in comments dripping with metaphor that she is "in the crucible right now" and that she's fully aware the show is "not quite there." ...
- Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 02:00 PM by Jason Newman
Will the initial round of arachnophobia among the nations' theater critics bring down 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,' director Julie Taymor's $65 million production set to open March 15? A slew of reviews were published earlier this week and the overall consensus was clear: the show is not exactly a critical darling, with reviewers calling it "a shrill, insipid mess," (Washington Post)...
- Posted Dec 26th 2010 at 09:04 AM by Christine Fenno
On Friday, following surgery on his back, Broadway actor Christopher Tierney took his first steps since his disastrous 30-foot plunge off the set of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' on Monday night. As the stunt man's condition improves, Tierney's father tells the Associated Press that the injured aerialist can't wait to return to his role, and also says that his son received a Christmas Eve...
- Posted Dec 10th 2010 at 01:26 PM by Zach Dionne
When we discovered Hollywood upcoming spruce-up of Shakespeare's final play, 'The Tempest,' ready to hit theaters Dec. 10, we knew who to turn to: The expert, Adam Bertocci, who single-handedly Shakespearified 'The Big Lebowski' in his tome 'Two Gentlemen of Lebowski.' Director Julie Taymor is a veteran of reimaginings, famously tackling 'The Lion King' on Broadway, interpreting Shakespeare 11...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Soules Is 'Ready to Move On,' But Is He the Next Bachelor?
- Did Bachelorette Andi Dorfman Accept a Proposal?
- Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas Stagliano: How I Survived Traveling with Baby
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- ?The Bachelorette' season finale: And the ?winner' is?
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- The Bachelorette Finale: Find Out Who Wins, Who Loses It, & Who Cries – Plus, a Fantasy Suite Secret Revealed!
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!
- Eva Green's Controversial Sin City Outfit is Now Too Sexy For ABC