Posts with tag "Katie Couric"
- Posted Jul 6th 2011 at 09:00 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
Maury Povich knows a lot about hosting a successful syndicated daytime talk show, and after 13 seasons is finally at the top of the rankings, based on number of viewers, and tied for No. 1 based on number of households. Now Maury is telling me who he thinks has the best shot of all the new talkers to have a n Oprah-sized influence. Anderson Cooper, Rosie, Katie Couric or Jeff Probst? "In...
- Posted Jun 7th 2011 at 09:50 AM by Rob Shuter
Minutes after it was announced Monday that Katie Couric had signed a multi-year deal with ABC to host and produce a nationally syndicated daytime talker, friends of the top-rated 'Judge Judy' Sheindlin warn the bubbly host that she has no intention of giving up her syndi-crown any time soon. "What people don't know is that Judge Judy is the real powerhouse to beat," an insider tells me. "It's...
- Posted Jun 7th 2011 at 09:04 AM by AOL TV Editors
Katie Couric may no longer be the anchor for the 'CBS Evening News,' but she has plenty of opinions about some of the top political personalities. She talked a little about both Sarah Palin and Donald Trump on 'The Tonight Show.' She hit the nail on the head in saying that Palin is such a polarizing figure that she is equally fascinating to both her supporters and detractors. "She makes good...
- Posted Jun 6th 2011 at 02:20 PM by AOL TV Editors
It's official. After weeks of speculation, Katie Couric has officially announced that she will join the ABC family as host of a brand new syndicated talk show as well as with a role at ABC news. Couric's new show reunites her with her former NBC boss Jeff Zucker, who will produce the new series. The untitled show will debut in September 2012 and film in New York. "I'm very happy to be returning...
- Posted Jun 6th 2011 at 09:04 AM by AOL TV Editors
Katie Couric's contract with CBS expires today, and she's widely expected to announce that she's signing a deal with ABC to host a syndicated daytime talk show. The New York Times reports that both NBC and CBS held unsuccessful talks with Couric, who remains a hot property despite disappointing ratings during her tenure at 'The CBS Evening News.' Rumors that she was close to a deal with ABC...
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 09:40 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After almost five years of anchoring the CBS Evening News, Katie Couric said goodbye for the last time Thursday night, E!Online.com reports. Following a montage featuring some of her most memorable moments, including interviews with President Barack Obama, Valerie Plume, Alex Rodriquez and Clint Eastwood and trips to the Middle East and Africa and coverage of the royal wedding and the death of...
- Posted May 5th 2011 at 11:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
Could Katie Couric's potential new ABC talk show kill 'General Hospital'? That's the latest buzz. According to TMZ, Couric is close to signing a $20 million deal with ABC. The new deal would entail ABC News and '20/20' specials, fill-in anchoring gigs and a syndicated one-hour talk show. The show would debut September 2012. If that deal happens, ABC is considering giving the hour of programming...
- Posted May 3rd 2011 at 03:10 PM by AOL TV Editors
- Filed under:
- TV News
After weeks of speculation, CBS announced today that Scott Pelley will replace Katie Couric as anchor of 'CBS Evening News.' Pelley, a 22-year veteran of CBS news, was the front-runner for the job and will lead his first newscast as anchor and managing editor on June 6. The award-winning journalist has reported for '60 Minutes' since 2004 and worked as the network's chief White House...
- Posted Apr 26th 2011 at 03:15 PM by Sarah Crow
Katie Couric is signing off for good from her position at 'CBS Evening News.' While there have been rumors for weeks regarding a potential career change for Couric, it was only today that the anchor confirmed the news to PEOPLE. "I have decided to step down from the 'CBS Evening News,'" Couric announced. "I'm really proud of the talented team on the 'CBS Evening News' and the award-winning...
- Posted Apr 25th 2011 at 10:20 AM by PopEater Staff
We knew it. You knew it. Even your dog knew it and now CBS is said to finally have a plan in place to say farewell to Katie Couric at 'CBS Evening News.' Sources familiar with the exit strategy tell The New York Times that a major announcement will be made when Couric returns from covering the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. What will they say? According to four insiders who...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alleged Meth Users Steal $100,000 Worth of Cattle from Amazing Race Star
- Cook Like Drew and Reese! The Country's Best Cooking School Vacations
- Barack Obama Attempts to Shop For Michelle and the Girls at the Gap
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?New Girl' recap: Courtroom Brown
- ?Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself
- Matthew McConaughey's ?Wolf of Wall Street' chest thump gets a remix ? VIDEO
- The Originals Shocker: Star Claire Holt Exiting the Series—Find Out What Happened to Rebekah!
- Real Housewives of New York's Shocking Confession, Glee's Tear-Jerking Nationals Performance and More OMG TV Moments
- Juan Pablo Galavis Releases Video Montage of His Best Moments With Nikki Ferrell from The Bachelor and Beyond—Watch Now!