Posts with tag "KatieCouric"
- Posted Feb 7th 2010 at 09:30 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Polls: How You Voted on Big Stories
Should Katie Couric stick with nightly news, or flee to daytime? Will Mel Gibson's latest outburst hurt his career? By finishing rehab, can Tiger Woods fix his own image? Is FOX a good fit for Conan O'Brien? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions in Hollywood this week.* Now it's time to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the ...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 01:40 PM by Mike Hess
Katie Couric's tenure as the anchor of CBS' 'Evening News' has been one of just as many highs as lows. Through it all, she's weathered the storm -- both critical and public -- and persevered despite generally ranking last among the Big Three network evening broadcasts for almost all of her time at CBS since 2006. And, as everyone saw with Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno, the business side of ...
- Posted Jan 4th 2010 at 05:41 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Nearly six months after Walter Cronkite's death, his voice is leaving the 'CBS Evening News.' His introduction of anchor Katie Couric was replaced Monday by a voiceover featuring actor Morgan Freeman. The legendary CBS News anchor's voice was played at the beginning of most newscasts when Couric started at CBS in 2006. Cronkite's voice was kept on the air even after his death July 17. ...
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 01:06 PM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "Tiger Woods Affair," "State Dinner Photos," and "Adam Sandler Turkey Song" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today... ...
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 04:32 PM by PopEater Staff
Katie Couric is not just reading the headlines this week, she's making them -- well, at least old photos of her are. Photos of the 'CBS Evening News' anchor dancing following her anchoring debut in 2006 were posted on Gawker.com, showing Couric working the dancefloor with her daughters. Couric is seen busting a movie, and in one shot is seen holding her legs and, as the kids say, dropping it ...
- Posted Oct 30th 2009 at 02:42 PM by Kara Warner
At first glance, Project ALS' "Bowling Experience" benefit at NYC's Lucky Strike Lanes last night seemed primed for some cuthroat celeb competition. Who doesn't love a heated game of bowling? However due to a) the worthwhile purpose of the event: to raise funds for scientific research and, ultimately, a cure for ALS and b) the friendly celebs in attendance: Sarah Silverman, Jesse L. Martin, Justin ...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 03:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Speculation is rising that late night talk powerhouse Larry King will be hanging up his 'Live' mic when his current contract with CNN expires in 18 months. If he does retire, which King himself has revealed little interest in doing, there is no shortage of potential successors waiting in the wings. Rumored contenders to take Larry's chair include 'American Idol' host Ryan Seacrest, network ...
- Posted Sep 6th 2009 at 08:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Were you convinced that Demi Moore never had plastic surgery? Will Charlie Gibson leaving ABC change your view of the network? Did Madonna stage her collapse? Will allegations against Donald Trump affect future Miss Universe competitions? Did Kristen Stewart's 'Eclipse' wig look fake? Are you ready for Whitney Houston's comeback? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Reunite & Get Cozy in Las Vegas
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Joke About Their Marriage on Saturday Night Live
- Angelina Jolie Gets Reader Love, While Tori Spelling's Ring Gets a Laugh
- Twilight time for Stewart, Pattinson?
- Digital Cannes: Meet the IMDb guy ? Colin Needham
- Documentary 'Doin' it in the Park' is a loving ode to New York playground basketball