Posts with tag "Keith Olbermann"
- Posted Feb 10th 2011 at 09:30 AM by Rob Shuter
It's only been a couple days since Keith Olbermann announced he's the new chief news officer at Al Gore's cable channel Current Media, and already I'm hearing rumblings from within the struggling network that the ex-MSNBC'er has been told to chain up his considerable ego at the door. "No doubt Al is very happy to have Keith join his network," one Current TV insider tells me. "Yet Keith is a...
- Posted Feb 7th 2011 at 10:18 PM by Rebecca Macatee
It was only weeks ago that Keith Olbermann abruptly announced his departure from MSNBC's 'Countdown,' but it looks like the opinionated host might have already lined up his next television home. According to The New York Times, Olbermann is moving to work with Current TV, a public affairs channel founded by Al Gore and other independent backers. Olbermann's official decision was made public...
- Posted Jan 21st 2011 at 09:13 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Keith Olbermann is abruptly leaving MSNBC. The network announced that Friday's night's 'Countdown' show will be Olbermann's last. This past November the primetime host was suspended "indefinitely" from MSNBC. Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates during election season, including Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Shortly after Olbermann's suspension,...
- Posted Nov 11th 2010 at 01:29 PM by Sarah Crow
'Wheel of Fortune' host Pat Sajak may not seem like much of a troublemaker, but the TV personality certainly has some choice words for Keith Olbermann. Sajak, a steadfast conservative, took to his Ricochet blog this week to apologize to the entire country for featuring the cable host on his short-lived talk show in 1989. In a post titled 'Mea Culpa,' Sajak writes of the recently reinstated...
- Posted Nov 9th 2010 at 08:00 AM by Rob Shuter
Keith Olbermann, who returns to MSNBC Tuesday after being suspended for two working days for breaking company rules by donating money to political candidates, is shocked no one is planning a surprise party to welcome him back. "Keith deliberately kept his Tuesday evening open after he finished his live show, fully expecting staffers would ask him out for dinner or drinks. But so far no one...
- Posted Nov 8th 2010 at 07:15 AM by Rob Shuter
Keith Olbermann might have been suspended from MSNBC after breaking company rules regarding making contributions to political candidates, but now sources tell me it's Keith whose demands have been met, allowing him to return to his perch atop the cable network. "Keith is furious about the way this has all been handled and insisted that MSNBC bosses apologize to him before he would agree to...
- Posted Nov 5th 2010 at 02:50 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
MSNBC has suspended prime-time host Keith Olbermann indefinitely without pay for contributing to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates this election season. Olbermann acknowledged to NBC that he donated $2,400 apiece to the campaigns of Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway and Arizona Reps. Raul Grivalva and Gabrielle Giffords. NBC News prohibits its employees from working on, or...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 07:48 AM by PopEater Staff
Keith Olbermann did away with one of the most popular -- and divisive -- segments on his MSNBC show Monday night, telling viewers that after Jon Stewart's scolding of cable news at the "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" he was effectively killing "Worst Persons in the World." "There is an institutionalization of it that may no longer be valid," Olbermann said on 'Countdown.' "That is the...
- Posted May 31st 2010 at 09:20 AM by PopEater Staff
For four years, Keith Olbermann has closed out his MSNBC show with a signature line, which normally went like this: "That's Countdown, for this, the 2,576th day since the previous president declared 'Mission Accomplished' in Iraq." Well, you know the old saying: 2,576 is enough. The cable host quietly retired his daily mocking of President Bush's flight suit photo op on his May 20 show and has...
- Posted May 19th 2010 at 07:07 AM by PopEater Staff
Campbell Brown is exiting her CNN post, admitting she can't compete with her cable competitors, The New York Times reports. "The simple fact is that not enough people want to watch my program, and I owe it to myself and to CNN to get out of the way so that CNN can try something else. CNN will have to figure out what that is," she wrote in a statement. "Shedding my own journalistic skin to...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Spoiler! Meet The Voice's Talented Top 12
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized for Severe Allergic Reaction
- Paul Walker's Brothers Doing His Final Fast and the Furious Action Scenes
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- ?New Girl' recap: I'm Okay, You're Okay (JK, We're All Broken Up)
- ?The Originals' recap: Three men and a baby
- ?Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
- The Voice Unveils Their Top 12, Glee's Not-So Sexy Shenanigans and More OMG TV Moments!
- Kate Middleton Looks Perfect While Trying to Stay Dry, Prince George Continues to Be Royally Adorable
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Wedding Not Happening: "They're Very Happy As Is," Source Says