Posts with tag "Kitty Kelley"
- Posted Oct 5th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Catherine Donaldson-Evans
Was it really just a prank in which David Letterman saddled Oprah Winfrey with his lunch bill that caused a 16-year rift between the two? No, says celebrity biographer Kitty Kelley. The reasons for the animosity go much, much deeper. It was Letterman's failure to defend Winfrey from an unruly audience member when she was a guest on his show in the '80s and a series of subsequent digs 'The...
- Posted Apr 19th 2010 at 08:34 PM by PopEater Staff
Oprah Winfrey took a moment from the award podium to publicly call Kitty Kelley's controversial new book about her a "so called biography." Winfrey's first comments on the much-publicized revelations in the unauthorized tell-all came as she was presenting an award to Gayle King in New York, according to PEOPLE. While much was made about King and Winfrey's relationship in 'Oprah: A Biography,'...
- Posted Apr 16th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Marc Schneider
Kitty Kelley writes best-sellers and makes enemies, going back to the late 1970s with her saucy biography 'Jackie Oh!', about the former first lady. One person she annoyed with that first of many forays into celebrity sleuthing was a Baltimore-based TV broadcaster named Oprah Winfrey. The future TV titan, who is close with the Kennedys, was no fan of the book and made her displeasure known when...
- Posted Apr 13th 2010 at 01:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Celebrity biographer Kitty Kelley claims she's discovered some of Oprah Winfrey's biggest (and darkest) secrets, including Winfrey's live-in love affair with former 'Entertainment Tonight' anchor John Tesh and new evidence that Vernon Winfrey is not Oprah's biological father. But Kelley is claiming that because of Oprah's star power, several media outlets are boycotting her, refusing to air the...
- Posted Apr 12th 2010 at 08:30 PM by Marc Schneider
Oprah Winfrey has secrets -- enough to fill a book apparently. Luckily, author Kitty Kelley is still in the unauthorized biography business, and her latest tome delves deep into the heart of the icon's personal life, examining subjects as touchy as Winfrey's sexuality and the identity of her father. In 'Oprah: A Biography,' Kelley leaves few rocks unturned in a quest to expose more about...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 07:48 AM by Marc Schneider
Kitty Kelley, the queen of gossipy and unflattering (but extremely best-selling) celebrity biographies, has a new subject that isn't gonna like it: Oprah Winfrey. The author's publisher announced Thursday that her 544-page unauthorized 'Oprah: A Biography' will be released April 13, with a huge first printing of 500,000 copies. We've got a hunch Oprah won't be adding this biography to her...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Glen Campbell Has Been Moved Into a Facility
- Porsha Williams Faces Arrest Warrant in Real Housewives Fight
- The Swon Brothers Make Their Grand Ole Opry Debut with a Nod to History - and Mom and Dad
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- Robin Roberts: Doctor said I had two years to live
- Taylor Swift crashes superfan's bridal shower ? VIDEO
- ?Neighbors': Seth Rogen and Zac Efron try out for ?Workaholics' cubicle ? NSFW VIDEO
- ?Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson's picture-perfect reaction to the Purple Wedding ? PHOTO
- Kerry Washington Opens Up About Hiding Her Pregnancy on Scandal
- Watch 24 People Interview for the "World's Toughest Job" (And Stay for the Twist Ending!)
- Real Housewives of Atlanta's Porsha Williams Charged With Battery After Scuffle With Kenya Moore During Reunion Taping