Posts with tag "Kristen Wiig"
- Posted Jul 2nd 2011 at 12:44 PM by Moviefone Editors
The best movies of 2011? Already? How can we possibly know? This weekend, our friends at Moviefone are looking back at this year's most entertaining films -- so far. After all, we've reached the exact halfway point of 2011. We know plenty of critics predicted 'The Beaver' would be a turkey, so you might be surprised to see it kick off the Top Ten. Did your faves make our countdown? 10. 'The ...
- Posted Jun 28th 2011 at 05:15 AM by Christo Varghese
Russell Brand and Kristen Wiig have been named PETA's (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011. On PETA's official website, comedians Brand and Wigg were said to have captured the hearts of many with their comedic charm and compassionate choices. Brand, who has been a vegetarian since age 14, told PETA, "You shouldn't eat animals, it's mean to ...
- Posted May 12th 2011 at 03:15 PM by Moviefone Editors
With all the buzz surrounding this weekend's female-lead comedy 'Bridesmaids,' it's probably easy to predict just what kind of comedy audiences are in store for. After all, it's produced by 'Knocked Up' and 'Superbad' impresario Judd Apatow and directed by 'Freaks and Geeks' creator Paul Feig. But what exactly is 'Bridesmaids' about -- and, after all the speculation, is 'Bridesmaids' funny? ...
- Posted May 4th 2011 at 08:15 AM by Kelly Fisher
'Saturday Night Live' fans will have to bid farewell to two memorable characters brought to life by Kristen Wiig. In an interview with Time, the comedienne revealed she's retiring one-note characters Penelope and Gilly from the late-night show. Wiig told Time it was her decision to put constant one-upper Penelope and troublemaker Gilly to rest and won't bring them back -- even at 'SNL' ...
- Posted Sep 2nd 2010 at 04:30 PM by Mike Ryan
The past week saw some major shakeups at 'Saturday Night Live.' Will Forte, a cast member since 2002, chose to leave. Taran Killam, Paul Brittain and Venessa Bayer (and maybe Jay Pharoah) are in as -- we assume -- featured players. Yes, it's entirely possible that there are no more changes before the 36th season premiere. But 'SNL' history will tell you that's not likely. 'SNL' certainly ...
- Posted Jan 31st 2010 at 11:07 AM by PopEater Staff
'Saturday Night Live' may be at its best when it tackles the political climate, and this week's episode with host Jon Hamm is no exception. In one skit, the 'Mad Men' star plays newly elected Republican senator Scott Brown. Brown keeps wandering into Sen. Harry Reid's office while Reid was meeting with several democrats -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Robert Byrd, Sen. Barbara Boxer and ...
- Posted Nov 15th 2009 at 09:34 AM by PopEater Staff
If that music thing doesn't work out, the Black Eyed Peas can always fall back on a career in comedy. The Peas were just slated to appear as musical guests on last night's 'SNL' with January Jones, but the writers made good use of the band's time. Kristen Wiig reprised her unflattering impression of Kathie Lee Gifford, who kept the Black Eyed Peas waiting too long for a 'Today' show performance... ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Zolciak Snaps Svelte Selfie Just 9 Days After Giving Birth to Twins
- Kim Kardashian Keeps Up with Her Cleavage in Another Unique Dress
- First Look: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Debuts Initial Trailer
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- ?Out of the Furnace' review: Bale, Affleck and Harrelson shine but flick falls short
- The ladies of 'Duck Dynasty' deck the halls
- Joe Manganiello talks new book ?Evolution,' makes a plea for his male stripper doc, and passes our Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Entertainment Geekly: Now let's cast the rest of the Justice League
- Amy Robach returns to ?Good Morning America' to share details of her breast cancer fight ? VIDEO